Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold

This really sounds good, still hoping I can convince my local sporting arena to buy this from you

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    blow is on a distinguished road

Hi Tobiu,

How is your project going? Took me some time to go trough the 7 topic / reply pages, but i'm amazed about the looks of it.

I'd like to receive the demo credentials from you, i'd like to take a look around.

Thanks in advance

Vote Rating
    msinn is on a distinguished road

Hello Tobiu,

would you be nice to send me also the login data?
    First I would like to thank you for your time and knowledge

Win 7 Ext JS 4.1.3 IE(6-9), FF17

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

hi community,

i am really looking forward to rewrite this app with ext js 4.

new demo-accounts will be available then (does not make sense with the current version anymore).

one demo i have in mind is to visualize the senchaDevs directory (see which dev is available in what time-period).

best regards
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Grolubao is on a distinguished road

Hi tobiu,
    Overall I think the app looks good, but I believe it's a bit too cluttered. I see so many items at once that I think it loses the focus of the end user.

One question that I'm curious: How do you manage the big amount of javascript at once? It seems that everything is contained in one single page. Does it get slow eventually?

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

hi Grolubao,

thanks for the feedback. The new version will have some big changes in the UI-structure as well (for example reducing the amount of tabs in the main navigation and more grouping of controls like buttons).

I think it is a common problem when apps get more and more features
    Also it is something you have to think about carefully, since users really dislike to need more time / clicks to get to their key-actions.

for the huge amount of javascript, i chose to use a build-process that copies all files minified with the yui-compressor into a single one and send it gzipped to the client.

I also tested loading modules at the time they are needed (as soon as the first instance shall be created submitting the class via ajax and creating the instance in the callback), but i was not that happy with the results.

best regards
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Grolubao is on a distinguished road

I understand you fully tobiu. That's why it's good to start a project with proper requirements and a paying customer
    This way you always know what you can work on. If it's a product, then indeed you start adding more and more things... and the minute you notice it's cluttered

Good to know that you can get a good performance out of it. I never minimize my js and maybe that's one of the reasons I sometimes get a not so good performance, specially when I have 5 or more tabs.

One question: How do you communicate between components? Do you normally use a Observable Bus concept?

Big fan of your themes. We already bought one here for the company, and I will buy another one in the near future.

All the best.

Vote Rating

The performance is really fine, specially in the new chrome 10 beta.

The communication between the modules is not that easy to describe.
    Basically I implemented something a bit similar to the new Ext 4 - Models, where you can specify the relations between stores (like user has many reservations. reservation has many events etc.).

I have a kind of layer for stores that communicate between models.
    To give an example: the grids inside the daily view have a locally store that just render the cells and the time info. All events (for all grids) and for the given timeframe are in a seperate store, since events are not limited to one row (record). This store is also used in the CourtView, since this view displays the exact same timeframe. So, when you change an event in the DailyView, it will automatically change in the courtView as well and vice versa. So, basically it is the observer pattern since all views are bound to the store and refresh when the store-content changes.

another example: activities are customizable and use a shared store. So, when you change the order or add new ones, all controls that use them get refreshed for example column-filters in multiple views, many comboBoxes etc.

With Ext 4 I can clean this up and reduce the code even more, so I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the themes-feedback, I will let Sebastian know (he created most of them, I am only responsible for the tobiu-series and build the "store-app").

Best regards
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

Sencha Premium Member robboerman's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    robboerman is on a distinguished road

Hi Tobiu,

I am very sorry I cannot make it to Split. I would have loved to be present at your talk. I am extremely impressed by what you accomplished with FieldManager. It not only looks great, but also works very intuitively. Well done!

Rob

Vote Rating

thanks for the feedback to both of you

happens not often here in the community.

i started a new topic for the ext js 4 version of the fieldmanager:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ion-management

this is still work in progress though, takes quite some time not only to migrate the app but to include the new MVC and application patterns as well in a good way.

i will set up a demo for the new version as soon as this makes sense (the calendar like daily view needs to work first and thats painful stuff...).

@Rob: there will be other cons, maybe the next SenchaCon?

best regards
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig