Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    PranKe01 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your hint with the seconds I would never have found this "bug"
    I changed the line 880 to the following:
    Code:
    return Ext.value(record[combo.displayField || combo.valueField], " ");
    Because, if someone sets the displayfield it will be used, else the valuefield. And if the displayfield is an empty string, than this should be displayed!
    A good example is, when I got a combobox, with an empty string to display, but another value to use.

The "c" is mostly used, when working with webservices (.net). The databases mostly uses dateTime to save dates. But you are right - not all formats can be added in the adapter.

Vote Rating
    makana has a spectacular aura about makana has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, it's difficult... don't know how I would look if I had the chance to select an empty item... I wouldn't know, what I select..... even more if there are two or more empty items (with different values, which you don't see).... to allow to select nothing instead of an empty item, I would make the combo {allowBlank:true,editable:true}.....
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

First of all it didn't make sense to have 2 items with the same displayvalue and different values. But I got an example where my template makes sense:
    (value, displayvalue)
    'None', ''
    'Mr', 'Mr.'
    'Ms', 'Ms.'

With your template "None" would appear int the combo, which is not wanted, because the displayfield is set. If the displayfield is not set, then the value can be used.

Vote Rating

Yes, I know, but it IS possible to have same displayValues... makes no sense, of course.
    I think, to select none (no item), the user has to clean the combo and the list should only contain Mr and Mrs.
    Btw, what is someone, who isn't Mr or Mrs?
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Vote Rating

Anyhow, I updated the file with this. You convinced me It's odd to display some item's displayField values and some other's valueField values in the same list, which was possible with the old version....

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

It's a person, which does not set this field :P And in my case, I created the combobox like a select in html. So the user can't write anything. On the other hand I don't know why the value should be displayed, when a displayvalue is set oO

Edit: Yeah

Vote Rating

Convinced! See post above It's better.... hmm... ... yes, I think, it is........ it is!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Jack_S is on a distinguished road

Default Addtions - Considerations

Addtions - Considerations

Hello Makana,

Been following a lot of your posting on Air. I'm currently running your version of SQLiteStore using 'conn' parameter to avoid opening new connection to the db.

All works well, inclusing my templates I few things I would consider adding to the air-debug.js would be the following.

I'm still having problems with sql based and 'WHERE' clause store loading and I believe this is a pretty uuseful thing for all people, as there seems to be some problem with loading the store with the 'where' & 'args' params.

http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55024

I would gladly assist but i'm anOracle DBA :-( and my programing skills are less then proficient.

Maybe the question is where or not anybody has successfully implemented 'WHERE' clause in a combobox store load?

Thanks in advance for all consideration and code sharing.

Jack

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi,

how do I use the conn-property? Am I right, that this would speed up the database-usage?

Is that the right usage?
    Code:
    var conn = Ext.sql.Connection.getInstance();
    conn.open(dbFile);
    db = new Ext.sql.SQLiteStore({
    	conn: conn,
    	key: 'ID',
    	tableName: 'Benutzer',

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Jack_S is on a distinguished road

Hello Pranke,

As Makana stated in another post, what he does is create a namespace for the DB and then instanciates it.

Code:
     Ext.ns('App.DB');
      App.DB = new Ext.sql.AirConnection();
      App.DB.open("myPathToMyDbFile.db");
    Then instead of using the dbFile param you would use the conn param as such:

Code:
    store: new Ext.sql.SQLiteStore({
                                           conn: iApplication.module.DB
    					 //dbFile: 'db/Local.sqlite'
    					,key: 'period_id'
                                            ,tableName : 'ORI_PERIODS_ALL'
    					//,viewName :optional view param 
    					,fields: [ 
                               		{name: 'id', type: 'int', mapping: 'PERIOD_ID'}
                              		,{name: 'name', type: 'string', mapping: 'PERIOD_NAME'}
                        ]
    This has the benefit that you only open 1 connection to your SQLite database, and you can close it also with one command (not sure if this is correct coding, but should be):

Code:
    App.DB.close();
    Jack