Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heratech is on a distinguished road

Hi Makana,
    I have done some more testing. I believe it to be an Air problem. I installed Aptana and the air plugin (which I highly recommend for debugging/profiling).

I then opened the window Air samples and imported the window sample as a project. The window sample is a main window with a button that opens another window. I clicked this 20 times. I then closed those 20 extra windows. Memory usage had gone up to 30 mb and did not go down. I also clicked the 'Run System GC' button but nothing happened. Memory usage did not go up by 10mb on each window, probably because this is the most basic example (basic html window with 1 form, no extjs or any js files). I also removed all the event handling in the child window and it still occured so it does not seem to be an event handling memory leak.

Aptana allows you to take memory/performance snapshots and compare but I don't see too much in this (still learning how to use it). I have not tried it with the 2.5 SDK yet and although I am running the 2.02 SDK the application.xml is set to 1.5 (not tried changing yet).
    All this has been done on Ubuntu 10.10 x64 while I am half asleep so I might be mistaken or it could be platform specific. My application is misbehaving on Windows 7 x64 though.
    Some links I have found that might be related:

http://www.flashmagazine.com/tutoria..._applications/
    http://justinjmoses.wordpress.com/20...-memory-leaks/
    http://armchairtheorist.com/2008/06/...se-deployment/
    http://spreadingfunkyness.com/garbag...and-adobe-air/

Thanks for your help-any time you can spare is appreciated. For now I will rewrite some of my window management code to swap window content in and out (close method to hide).

Vote Rating
    khebs@live.com is on a distinguished road

Hello Master Makana,

I would like to ask if, the custom scrollbars in Air 3.3.0 still affects grids? and, also, since adobe air now supports 3rd party applications to be executed (process type) is there a Ext Store to facilitate the use of PHP <-> MySQL, just like SQLLite?

cheers!

Katoomba, Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
    Vote Rating
    murrah will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by khebs@live.com View Post
    is there a Ext Store to facilitate the use of PHP <-> MySQL, just like SQLLite?
    Maybe I dont understand the question. Couldnt you use the normal Ext.data.JsonStore? My AIR app uses both the SQLLite and also Ext.data.JsonStore --> Coldfusion server --> client call back. If you meant a local PHP MySQL situation, Ext.data.JsonStore works fine for that too - just use your local url to the PHP script. That is standard ExtJS, nothing to do with AIR.

And... maybe I am misunderstanding your question. If so, my apologies.

Murray

Vote Rating

hi murrah, sorry i havent expained it well..its like i just want to eliminate PHP backend and integrate sequel directly to my javascript scripts, so MySQL will be the only thing that will be installed in a SERVER Computer.

Code:
    // What the MySQL class does is, just to call the php.exe (output process stream)
    // with some MySQL wrapper.
    //-------------------------------------------
    // conn.query('SELECT * from employee');
    //-------------------------------------------
    var conn = new Classes.MySQL({
       host: '127.0.0.1:3306',
       username: 'root',
       password: '',
       database: 'payroll'
    });

// When JsonStore is requesting a data, it will call the conn,
    // and apply some JsonStore queries, and executes the conn.query
    // with a sql of 'SELECT id, fname FROM employee ORDER BY id';
    // on return, it will be have the output from the process with json
    // encoded string provided by the MySQL PHP wrapper class.
    var store = new Ext.data.JsonStore({
       table: 'employee',
       conn: conn,
       fields: [ 'id', 'fname']
    });
    I'v tried to do this before but i just cant make it happen, im getting lost while debugging
    through Ext.data libraries...

^^ i know it can be done but, not me. And maybe there is some other much better approach.

cheers!

Vote Rating

Oh, Ok, now I get it! And, I am sorry to say, I have no idea how that could be done.

There is s similar discussion going on over at the AIR with HTML and JavaScript group: http://groups.google.com.au/group/ai...5db0ae89?hl=en. No resolution, but interesting discussion anyway.

Murray

Vote Rating

Thanks murrah. I've been looking about SJS and i may apply it to our App w/ ExtJS but, Extjs for now is just to heavy for air app specially for enterprise apps, i may just wait for Ext4 for what canvas could do to there UI, mochaui is responsive in opinion and i may just trash the direct mysql access since its really a security risk.

Vote Rating

Thanks. I didnt know about StratifiedJS - that would be a great standard addition to ExtJS!

Extjs for now is just to heavy for air app specially for enterprise apps
    I am interested in why you say that (since I am building an enterprise app). What do you mean by "too heavy" exactly?

Vote Rating

Yes SJS is very good ^^

What do you mean by "too heavy" exactly?
    Iv develop a budget system in my past job, that time we used it for monthly budgets, the design was like a MDI form type of application, mother panel, inside w/ child windows.. the windows has 1 or 2 grids and things get slow and drag when grids got lots of columns in it, worst if the rows are not buffered or paged. Maybe it would not happen if its just a single page or not a floating divs.. OR just "maybe" my approach about MDI style is bad but anyway, I'v halted creating ExtJS apps now and do a simple Web App w/ SJS on it, mochaui, maybe when ExtJS 4 is released and it doesnt render much doms, then it would be the best time to start extjs development again.

P.S. Im excited about ExtJS 4, simply because of Raphael..

cheers!

Vote Rating
    makana has a spectacular aura about makana has a spectacular aura about

@khebs@live.com
    Just found an interesting link:
    http://code.google.com/p/assql/

and how to use it with javascript:
    http://code.google.com/p/assql/issues/detail?id=90

Maybe you can use it for your needs.

makana
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better Ń–diot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Vote Rating

@makana, Thanks! ill look into it iv forgot about assql ^^