Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jchiu1106 is on a distinguished road

Default GXT Widget Expander

GXT Widget Expander

If you've used GXT's Grid and RowExpander plugin, you know what I'm talking about. The current design lacks the ability to put arbitrary widgets into the expanded row. XTemplate is great but it falls short when you want richer user interaction inside the expanded row (something like Google Reader's grid).

At my work I created a modified RowExpander (I call it WidgetExpander) to tackle this limitation and it has been working great. So I created a project on Github (http://github.com/kevinjqiu/gxt-widget-expander) to open source this part. Hopefully you'll find this useful as I did.

Regards,

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    siberian is on a distinguished road

Default Fantastic

Fantastic

I've been using the one that Arno came up with, I tweaked a bit and he formalized but I've had a few problems with it.

I'll give this a go and report back!

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Arno.Nyhm is on a distinguished road

nice :-)

one thing i see that the expander cache the widgets. if the models are changing later then the changes are not visible with this plugin. maybe add some handling to make it working with changed models. or a option to disable the caching.
    This forum needs your help: you got hints from the community and now you have fixed your code? dont just reply with "now its fixed" or "i found the error"! please take the time to post also an detailed answer with the working code.

GreaseMonkey Script for a GXT-only Forum: it hides ExtJs here: New Posts • Search Results • Advanced Search form • Category overview http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthrea...041#post410041

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jchiu1106 is on a distinguished road

You're right. I checked in a new version. If the passed in model is a subtype of ModelData (in which case a PropertyChangeListener may be attached), I invalidate the cache when any properties of the model change.

Quote Originally Posted by Arno.Nyhm View Post
    nice :-)

one thing i see that the expander cache the widgets. if the models are changing later then the changes are not visible with this plugin. maybe add some handling to make it working with changed models. or a option to disable the caching.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jdkida is on a distinguished road

This plugin looks awesome and is exactly what I need. I also noticed the plugin made by Arno, any recommendations on which one is easier to use?

I simply want to use this for a Ticketing system type WebApp, where the use can click the Plus to expand the Ticket topic and be able submit an entire form or response. Which plugin would you recommend, to do something like that, where I want the row expander to just expand into a blank form.

I am a little bit confussed with this one only in the fact that in the Demo Application it calls
    final WidgetExpander<User> expander = new WidgetExpander<User>

But because my form wont really have a DataModel what would i want to do? like what if i just wanted to add a button or checkbox

Ext GWT Premium Member dardison's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dardison is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to use this WidgetExpander grid plugin in a nested way and having troubles, when I have a grid inside a grid it works just fine, but if the second grid has also the plugin to get another grid inside (2 levels of nesting) it doesn't work.

Has anyone faced this?
    Thanks in Advance.
    Daniel

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar