Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ryes540 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried the linux flash 9 update beta?
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/

Also you could just do flash for everything except linux and then degrade to ajax. that would be an awesome module.

Ryan

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vahala is on a distinguished road

Default where is the source code?

where is the source code?

where is the source code?

Sencha - Community Support Team JeffHowden's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    JeffHowden is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ryes540 View Post
    Also you could just do flash for everything except linux and then degrade to ajax. that would be an awesome module.
    I've got to agree. An ideal component would detect the lack of flash completely or the lack of the appropriate version of flash and default back to the standard Ext file upload via iframe.

Coincidentally, I don't know how quickly I'll get it done, but I'm working on porting UFO (unobtrusive flash object) to an Ext user extension (Ext.ux.UFO).
    Jeff Howden
    Ext JS - Support Team Volunteer
    jeff@extjs.com

Any and all code samples that are authored by me and posted on the Ext forums or website are hereby released into the public domain and I release anyone or entity of liability by using said code samples unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Opinions are mine and not necessarily endorsed by Ext, LLC. Please do not contact me directly for assistance unless requested by me.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by ryes540 View Post
    Have you tried the linux flash 9 update beta?
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/

Ryan
    Hi Ryan,

there is already stable version of flash 9 for linux and that is what I use, about:plugins says Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48, and it crashes anyway (segfault).

I'll think about integrating flash/non-flash functionality to one component. For the first glance it seems too much work as they use totally different events/callbacks, they differ in progress calculation and even the UI is slightly different. I'll see...
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Vote Rating
    hunkybill is on a distinguished road

Default Questions on Beta2

Questions on Beta2

Hi,

Was wondering if you were/are going to making any changes to the non-flash file uploader code? Seems pretty good, but I am curious.

Also, quick question on the code. The input element with type = file, generates a browse button, which is hidden by the css. The "add" button triggers this browse. Is that due to event bubbling? I cannot see how the Add button triggers the browese event.

Thanks!

Dave

Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by hunkybill View Post
    Hi,

Was wondering if you were/are going to making any changes to the non-flash file uploader code? Seems pretty good, but I am curious.
    The code needs a revision, cleanup and removal of hard-coded texts to class variables for purpose of localization. Also, I'm going to implement a method to get progress information.

Also, quick question on the code. The input element with type = file, generates a browse button, which is hidden by the css. The "add" button triggers this browse. Is that due to event bubbling? I cannot see how the Add button triggers the browese event.

Thanks!

Dave
    Add button is fake. The actual <input type="file"> is above it with opacity:0.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Jozeph,

i don't think you should stop developing the one w/ swfupload just because some users can't use it. the amount of linux ff users is pretty small. You could have a clause that checked for swf, if it's not there, then you use the other method.

PHP Code:
    function checkFlashVersion() {

var 
    x;
        var 
    pluginversion;

if(
    navigator.plugins && navigator.mimeTypes.length){

navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"];
            if(
    && x.descriptionx.description;
        } else if (
    Ext.isIE){
            try {

= new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash");

x.GetVariable("$version");
            } catch(
    e){}
        }

pluginVersion = (typeof(x) == 'string') ? parseInt(x.match(/\d+/)[0]) : 0;

return 
    pluginVersion;

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by djliquidice View Post
    Jozeph,

i don't think you should stop developing the one w/ swfupload just because some users can't use it. the amount of linux ff users is pretty small. You could have a clause that checked for swf, if it's not there, then you use the other method.
    Well, number of Linux users grows at least in my environment and I'm just not going to develop for Win-only or Mac-only. Either it works for Firefox@All-platform or I just "don't sign under it".

I'm writing in another post about degrading when there is no flash of in incompatible environment it's quite huge task and I don't develop these extensions for living but because I need them.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vivid-planet is on a distinguished road

the demo doesn't crash on my firefox@linux!

I'm running Gentoo amd64 with firefox 2.0.0.4 and netscape-flash 9.0.48.0-r1 (nspluginwrapper to get flash running on amd64)

probably the bug that causes the crash has been fixed in my flash-version.

Keep up the very good work on the file-upload fields!!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by vivid-planet View Post
    the demo doesn't crash on my firefox@linux!

I'm running Gentoo amd64 with firefox 2.0.0.4 and netscape-flash 9.0.48.0-r1 (nspluginwrapper to get flash running on amd64)

probably the bug that causes the crash has been fixed in my flash-version.

Keep up the very good work on the file-upload fields!!
    This is hopefully sign that somebody is working on stability. That would be good news.

BTW, have you tried to upload many files? My FF2.0.0.5@openSUSE-10.2 (no nspluginwrapper) crashes after 3rd - 4th successful upload.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki