uhmm

Ok I understand

Thz

Vote Rating
    hunkybill is on a distinguished road

Default Two Small Things

Two Small Things

Hi,

I use FF Linux for these tests, so my issues may not affect a lot of people.

I have extended the ux.FileUpload widget and played quite extensively with it. I use a Ruby backend instead of PHP so I have no interface with the Progress Updated, I simply removed it from the constructor.

a) hitting the Add button brings up the file browser. Double-clicks on a filename will 'occasionally' populate the table with the file icon, but NOT the filename. The upload proceeds anyway, so this is more of a user experience problem than a widget problem per se. I have not dug deep into inspecting why this may occur, could be a FF bug.

b) the silk icon library is correct in my path, when I press a button, the CSS transitions to a 'clicked' look, which is the icon shaded out with a bunch of vertical lines. If I click anywhere else in the FF viewport, the button is reset to a nice icon. Not sure what this is indicative of. Might be an issue with a css path to some background graphic.

All in all, a great widget. I am looking to integrate it nicely into a ContentPanel displaying thumbnails so image management is all in one panel. At the moment it is pretty crude how I have it working. The back-end ruby plugin upload_column is pretty handy too.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by hunkybill; 4 Aug 2007 at 6:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

First of all, thank you very much for testing and sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hunkybill View Post
    Hi,

I use FF Linux for these tests, so my issues may not affect a lot of people.
    I also use FF@Linux so it affects me and my users.
    a) hitting the Add button brings up the file browser. Double-clicks on a filename will 'occasionally' populate the table with the file icon, but NOT the filename. The upload proceeds anyway, so this is more of a user experience problem than a widget problem per se. I have not dug deep into inspecting why this may occur, could be a FF bug.
    I'd say this is FF bug as I'm doing nothing special with file names. I listen to <input type="file"> onchange event and I take passed value with file name for display.
    b) the silk icon library is correct in my path, when I press a button, the CSS transitions to a 'clicked' look, which is the icon shaded out with a bunch of vertical lines. If I click anywhere else in the FF viewport, the button is reset to a nice icon. Not sure what this is indicative of. Might be an issue with a css path to some background graphic.
    I sometimes see similar lines when browsing (scrolling) the Ext doc. Clicking outside of viewport causes that they disappear. Frankly, I haven't searched for the reason.
    All in all, a great widget. I am looking to integrate it nicely into a ContentPanel displaying thumbnails so image management is all in one panel. At the moment it is pretty crude how I have it working. The back-end ruby plugin upload_column is pretty handy too.

Thanks!!
    I'm curious. Post link then if you can.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    kato is on a distinguished road

Hello Jozef,

Excellent work on the new UX. How did u make the "Add" toolbar button pop out the file browser window directly without displaying the file input field and button?

Thanks!

Vote Rating
    hunkybill is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    Hello Jozef,

Excellent work on the new UX. How did u make the "Add" toolbar button pop out the file browser window directly without displaying the file input field and button?

Thanks!
    Hey Kato.. I asked that question in this thread, and the answer is ... The browse button is on top of the add button, but it is see through, so you are pressing it but you don't see it.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    kato is on a distinguished road

Thanks Hunkybill. I found the excellent "trick".

Vote Rating
    Grimsk is on a distinguished road

anyone have a good example of upload.php file?

-----

ive got something "weird" with the widget...
    when i click on the button to start the upload .. the page is asking me to download a file who content the json from my upload.php

Code:
    this.uploadForm = new Ext.ux.UploadForm(uploadFormCt, {
    				//url: this.uploadUrl || this.dataUrl
    				url: "upload.php"
    				, autoCreate: true
    				, baseParams: {cmd: 'upload'}
    				, maxFileSize: this.maxFileSize
    				, iconPath: this.iconPath
    				, pgCfg: this.pgCfg
    				, floating: false
    			});
    *im using FF & Safari on windows

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsk View Post
    anyone have a good example of upload.php file?

-----

ive got something "weird" with the widget...
    when i click on the button to start the upload .. the page is asking me to download a file who content the json from my upload.php

Code:
    this.uploadForm = new Ext.ux.UploadForm(uploadFormCt, {
                    //url: this.uploadUrl || this.dataUrl
                    url: "upload.php"
                    , autoCreate: true
                    , baseParams: {cmd: 'upload'}
                    , maxFileSize: this.maxFileSize
                    , iconPath: this.iconPath
                    , pgCfg: this.pgCfg
                    , floating: false
                });
    *im using FF & Safari on windows

Server has to return Content-Type: text/html header.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    yaohongmei is on a distinguished road

Default anyone have a good example of upload.php file and progress.php?

anyone have a good example of upload.php file and progress.php?

anyone have a good example of upload.php file and progress.php?

si-rus

Default Bravo =D>

Bravo =D>

Hi Jozef,

Cool! Your imagination at a high level .