Ext User
    Vote Rating
    saadkhan is on a distinguished road

Default How to show notification in simple EXTJS application?

How to show notification in simple EXTJS application?

I have a simple website built on using Extjs.... wanted to show notifications on some events so I thought of using AIR in my app. But I dont know how to add AIR functionality to my app, what should be installed and what things will i need to change etc?
    Can anyone guide me pleasssseeeee!!!!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    httpdotcom is on a distinguished road

AIR is a client downloaded application. Meaning, your entire application would have to be downloaded by the client to execute as an AIR app (among numerous other changes).
    If you just want to throw up some notifications in the web browser (from the bottom right corner, similar to a computer notification event), look @ Ext.ux.Notification.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

But I wanted to use its music player as well....Is not there any way to use AIR components as well in my existing app?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

ExtJS (or ExtGXT) and ExtAir are totally separate libraries. I imagine an Air application (residing on a consumer's PC) could reach out to a web application (via Ajax; this is a W.A.G.), but inherent browser security policies would prevent the opposite.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

So in short, you mean its not possible?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    moegal is on a distinguished road

I am interested in this as well. I have a web based application I am building in EXTJS. In it I write data to a database. I want to make a 2nd application in air that can check to see if the data was retrieved and display the notification message in case my user is not logged into the web application.

If I can use my air application to check a remote sql database and it can notify the desktop then this should work.

Marty

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by moegal View Post
    I am interested in this as well. I have a web based application I am building in EXTJS. In it I write data to a database. I want to make a 2nd application in air that can check to see if the data was retrieved and display the notification message in case my user is not logged into the web application.
    Did you mean "received" instead of "retrieved"? If something is posted in the web app, why not just display back to the user the success/failure result? Or are you referring to some sort of post-processing of a user's request ("your package has finally been shipped" kind of thing)?

If they aren't logged into your web app, what guarantee is there that they are running the ExtAIR app on their desktop? If they are going to be using the ExtAIR app on their desktop, and it can communicate with a remote DB, why not just program all the functionality into the AIR app?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

good questions.

received.

Application is already written as web app. so converting the entire thing to air is not in the current plan. If the web app for example is open but the browser is not focused, an alert or message may not be seen.

We would like to have the air app load on OS start-up. Then we can send messages to the air application if the browser is not open or has lost focus.

Thanks,
    Marty

Vote Rating
    Mjollnir26 is on a distinguished road

If displaying OS Notifications from a Webpage is the main reason why you would use Adobe Air,
    i'd recommend taking a look at GROWL and the companion JS Lib Growl.js
    http://ajaxian.com/archives/growls-f...tification-api

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks, I will look

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey