Ext User
    Vote Rating
    bulforce is on a distinguished road

Animal, why are you calling me Bully... who told you my name is Bully ?

This is my thread and I have a right to ask you not to participate. You not only disregard that, but also start calling me names.

Now.. I am asking my self who is the Bully here?

Note, that I don't have anything against you as a person or your code contributions or your real support to the users. It is just irritating reading somebody's problem and seeing how everybody is trying to help by giving examples, snippets, explanations and etc... And then a post from you with just "read the docs... everything is in there"

Please note that answering to somebody's problem and actually solving it here in the board... is actually giving a solution not only to this person, but to everybody else that will read it after it. Like me for example.

No, I am not suggesting the documentation to be removed... you are twisting my words.

Thanks

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stephen.friedrich will become famous soon enough

First of all calm down.
    This is a public forum hosted by ExtJS and IMHO you have no right to tell anybody to stay away from here.
    It would certainly help getting useful answers if you kept your tone friendly.
    Also what part of your question is "OFFICIAL"? Reading your post, all I see is an anonymous, ranting, non-paying user of ExtJS.

I am successfully using ExtJSs grid with a lot more rows and columns (with paging) without issues.
    OTOH the livegrid extension is really, really, great - albeit with limited/sporadic support.
    In my opinion the very best action would be for ExtJS to "buy out" that component and maintain it themselves...

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I already apologized couple of times about the wording in my question.

I don't need to be premium member to ask an official question. Do I?

It's not what rights I have on this board... whatever... the question is for specific group... so far this group hasn't spoken yet.

I will wait for the dev team to come up with statement of some kind. Until then I will leave this thread to you and the rest for further non subject related comments.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    alien3d is on a distinguished road

I'm not good in extjs but got a few question.
    1.What is your sql query.You have to optimize your query.How much speed render using normal html or extjs grid.Bad sql statement make pc render slow.
    2.What the objective of grid
    -->view only
    -->view and edit
    -->Grouping(If grouping,you sum in sql or push to js to calculate)
    3.Docs-important(** i'm just a human

Ext User
    Vote Rating

1. I am trying to build my queries so they would return data matching the order of the grid columns and the grid store. Also the queries are fairly simple with some concatenations but that's all. If you are asking for the time it takes for the server to return the data... this isn't an issue with me... this is happening really fast.

2. Grid is view, edit in place for some columns and grouping as only calculation done by ext is how many records per group are there.

In matter of facts its not the time that the grid takes to load initially as even if it is 3-4 seconds its ok as the user is seeing 'loading... please wait'. What is giving bad experience in my case is that after the grid is loaded(in my case it is residing in a window) moving the window around, maximize or minimize actions are showing some 2-5 seconds delays/freezes.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jburnhams is on a distinguished road

Have you tried using the BufferedGridView? Is there any reason why this isn't appropriate?

Also, if you able to rename your thread, it might be good to remove the OFFICIAL bit as I think that's misleading.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    albeva is infamous around these parts albeva is infamous around these parts

Have you tried using ListView? it is a lightweight component. Grid packs many goodies and feature that you might not need.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    alien3d is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by bulforce View Post
    1. I am trying to build my queries so they would return data matching the order of the grid columns and the grid store. Also the queries are fairly simple with some concatenations but that's all. If you are asking for the time it takes for the server to return the data... this isn't an issue with me... this is happening really fast.

2. Grid is view, edit in place for some columns and grouping as only calculation done by ext is how many records per group are there.

In matter of facts its not the time that the grid takes to load initially as even if it is 3-4 seconds its ok as the user is seeing 'loading... please wait'. What is giving bad experience in my case is that after the grid is loaded(in my case it is residing in a window) moving the window around, maximize or minimize actions are showing some 2-5 seconds delays/freezes.
    So you main problem
    1. Grid Editor in window freeze and loading issue.It's like paging issue for loading. 4 second is slow to me.You should removed the animation please wait.
    ** if i not mistaken
    2. What the client browser used?
    3.I do not there a future like this. I prefer batch update then on demand row update grid editor.
    4.Maybe your main problem, on resize window ajax re query information to the server. .I used iframe instead of window popup.I hate popup screen.

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

There are also other extensions helping to manage huge data. I like the PagingStore used for TYPO3 svn logs, example is here.
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5