Ext User
    Vote Rating
    carsten=) is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    @Vlad I personally responded to this on March 27th at 1:13PM PST.

After launching the application, click "Get Key" and re-authenticate. This will activate your license.
    But I still cannot install Designer! So what about intalling Designer without Admin rights?

Regards, Carsten
    WinXP, behind Proxy

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carsten=) View Post
    But I still cannot install Designer! So what about intalling Designer without Admin rights?

Regards, Carsten
    WinXP, behind Proxy
    Admin rights are not required to install the designer. If you are under a group policy that has restricted you from installing applications you will need your system administrator to install the application.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stefan.riedel-seifert is on a distinguished road

Default Installation fails because of missing rights

Installation fails because of missing rights

In our company, we have group policies.
    The installation fails: "This installer requires administrator privileges. Please become administrator before executing the installer."

File version. 1.0.0.0 (downloaded yesterday 30.03.2010)

It was no problem to proceed the installation with another user (administrator/support).

If once installed, it was no problem to upgrade the installation without administrator privilegies (happend today morning).

So, all works fine.

Stefan

PS: Windows XP/SP3, english version

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the feedback Stefan.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    carsten=) is on a distinguished road

Default ExtJS Designer as portable app?

ExtJS Designer as portable app?

Hi,

well, as there is no reasonable way to come around our installation restrictions I wonder if it was possible to get Designer as a portable app. It's a per user license anyway and I switch platforms a lot of times, so it would be perfect if I just had to plug in an usb stick.

Has anybody tried to make a portable app from Designer, yet?

Regards, Carsten

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by carsten=) View Post
    It's a per user license anyway and I switch platforms a lot of times, so it would be perfect if I just had to plug in an usb stick.

Has anybody tried to make a portable app from Designer, yet?
    This is not possible. Each install is bound to a machine and your username/license.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    GuillermoZ is on a distinguished road

Default Error Starting Ext Designer

Error Starting Ext Designer

When starting Ext Designer for first time its ask me my username and password, but always says: You provided incorrect login details, but I use the same i used to login to the forums.
    Can anybody help?

Thanks

Guillermo

Vote Rating

@GuillermoZ Do you have a network proxy or firewall that could be preventing access to our server to authenticate?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    GuillermoZ is on a distinguished road

yes, i use a proxy. I found a thread talking about it, after posting, and i solved the problem, thanks

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rhenkel is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    This is not possible. Each install is bound to a machine and your username/license.
    Does that mean I have to purchase an Ext Designer for each of my computers/laptops?

Usually licenses allow using software once in the same time either at home or at work.

So I understood the paragraph of license I got after purchase, too

"a. Developer License:

Subject to the payment of the fee required for a Commercial Developer License and subject
    to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, We grant to You a revocable, non-
    transferable and non-exclusive license (i) for a single developer within Your organization
    to install and use the Software on any workstations used exclusively by such developer and
    (ii) for You to install and use the Software in connection with unlimited domains and sub-
    domains on unlimited servers, solely in connection with distribution of the Software in
    accordance with sections 3 and 4 below. This license is not sublicensable except as
    explicitly set forth herein. "

Regards