Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    huggy06 is on a distinguished road

Default response

response

Yes and I clicked Install and after one second the application disappear from the sreen.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

EDIT: See http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...to-xds-1.0.2.1 for the always up-to-date upgrade instructions

You are not the only one having this issue, but it is a strange issue - it sounds as if you're unable to connect and download the update...does the progress bar actually progress any? Or does it freeze and/or go so fast that you can't even tell? Just trying to diagnose why this occurs for some but not others.

Here is a step by step solution, which is essentially upgrading the software manually:

1) Download this file http://www.sencha.com/api/xds/deploy/xds-1.0.2.1.ion and save it to the following location (replacing <username> with your username) C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer\ (XP) or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer\ (Vista/7)

2) Open this file in a text editor: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer.ini (XP) or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer.ini (Vista/7)

3) Paste the following into the file, overwriting everything else:

[General]
    ionBootFile=xds-1.0.2.1.ion
    currentVersion=xds-1.0.2.1

4) Now if you re-launch the Designer, it should load for you without an update prompt.
    Last edited by jarrednicholls; 8 Jul 2010 at 7:41 PM. Reason: updated for 1.0.2.0 executable and xds-1.0.2.1

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default response

response

Thanks jarrednicholls,

But there is no .ini file in this folder ????

I think there is a problem

Regards

Jerome

Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

There should be an .ini file if you've started up the Designer at least one time. Check your paths and make sure you're in the right folder.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I understand but the Designer never started up, so there is no ini file

Vote Rating

If you ran the executable at all, then the .ini file is created (before anything visually is shown). If you can show me a screenshot of the path you're looking at, I can help. I believe you're just looking in the wrong location.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Andrew Clarke is on a distinguished road

I downloaded Ext Designer, and registered it with my Ext account when asked, and it keeps telling me that I've provided incorrect login details. Obviously I haven't as I used my credentials to log in to the forum and post this message. I'm not behind a proxy. Good internet access. something is definitely broken here I reckon.

Vote Rating

There is an issue after moving to sencha.com. We're working on it.

Keep an eye on this thread for an announcement of a resolution: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...Register/page4

Vote Rating
    wemerson.januario will become famous soon enough

EDIT: See http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...to-xds-1.0.2.1 for the always up-to-date upgrade instructions

For those who can not use the new version 1.0.2 because is not updating automaticaly, i have a provisory solution.

Here is a step by step solution, which is essentially upgrading the software manually:

1) Download this file http://www.extjs.com/api/xds/deploy/xds-1.0.2.0.ion and save it to the following location (replacing <username> with your username) C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer\ (XP) or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer\ (Vista/7)

2) Open this file in a text editor: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer.ini (XP) or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer.ini (Vista/7)

3) Paste the following into the file, overwriting everything else:

[General]
    ionBootFile=xds-1.0.2.0.ion
    currentVersion=xds-1.0.2.0

4) Now if you re-launch the Designer, it should load for you without an update prompt.
    Wemerson Januario
    Twitter:
    @wemersonjanuar
    Email: wemerson.januario@gmail.com
    Fone:
    62 9106-6689
    Desenvolvedor ExtJS/ ExtJS Developer

Vote Rating
    Radius-Service is on a distinguished road

I can not connect to server authentication.
    IE rigidly configured proxy (can not disable). Open NAT, but Ext Designer automatically determines the proxy and tries to connect through it.
    Connecting via a proxy does not work for some unknown reason (does not pass authentication), but we know that works through NAT.
    You can make a point in the future in the form of authorization Ext Designer: "No auto, no proxy"?

WinXP, ExtDesigner 1.0.2