Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    j-joey is on a distinguished road

Default [FIXED-64] Character Encoding and Non-US Character Input problem

[FIXED-64] Character Encoding and Non-US Character Input problem

Platform:
    Windows 7, Turkish
    Windows 7 x64, English

Description:

Before the 1.0.0.3 update, i could enter Turkish characters to Component Config editor. For instance, i could enter "İşlemler" to title of a grid. After the update, when i try to enter the "İ" letter it suddenly cancels the input and it exactly acts like i pressed Enter key. If i enter the key again, it begins editing. But, if i copy and paste a Turkish character it works as expected.

One other problem is, i saved a project before the update released. When i open the project after the update. All non-us characters are shown wrong way as wrong charset is selected. Encoding for xds files are ASCII, when i edit the xds file saved before update, i see the characters are fine. Xds files saved after update are contains ? (ques-mark) for Turkish characters.

By the way, problematic characters are Ç, Ğ, İ, Ö, Ü. The letter ı (lower case i without dot) isnt problematic.

Possible Problem:
    I think the main problem is occured because internal charset is changed to iso-8859-1 or someone similar, that doesnt provide Turkish set. So reg-exp key-masks aren't working for Turkish keys and character encoding for saved documents are evaulated as unexpected.

Possible Solution:
    There can be an option for internal encoding to avoid these problems. Or just using UTF-8 for internal encoding works as expected. By the way encoding for saved projects should be adjusted as internel encoding.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    onlineweg is on a distinguished road

also german umlaute like ö,ä,ü are not possible to type in the title field. I'm using a Windows 7 64bit system. After typing one of these chars the title inpout field looses the focus and that's it...

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    aalfifi is on a distinguished road

Default [Bug] Designer & multilanguage Keyboard

[Bug] Designer & multilanguage Keyboard

Designer does not accept writing in Arabic, for example when I switch to Arabic keyboard layout I cannot change "header" property of "column", I have to use Notepad to write in Arabic and then paste it in the designer...

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Relaunch the designer to install a hotfix that resolves this issue.

This was a regression caused by an attempted fix where the Enter key on the numpad was returning the incorrect keycode. We will attempt to resolve both of these issues.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

encoding problem on a saved project, still exists...

if i enter text includes "şğç" letters it shown correctly. but when i save and re-open the project, encoding is lost.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Reopened, but I believe the hotfix wasn't enough and the next full download update (available soon) resolves this one. I'll leave it open for Aaron to check.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by j-joey View Post
    encoding problem on a saved project, still exists...

if i enter text includes "şğç" letters it shown correctly. but when i save and re-open the project, encoding is lost.
    This is a completely different issue than this thread and has already been reported/fixed. It will be resolved in the next system installer update (NOT the over the internet auto update).
    http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95400
    http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95683
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

actually i reported two of these issues at my first post, before the threads you mentioned, the problem was that i thought the sources of issues are same

but it's ok. i'm glad it's been fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    This is a completely different issue than this thread and has already been reported/fixed. It will be resolved in the next system installer update (NOT the over the internet auto update).
    http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95400
    http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95683