Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    abcdef is on a distinguished road

Default Menu/Menu Item cannot be dropped!

Menu/Menu Item cannot be dropped!

Where can I drop the menu/menu item? I tried all the containers and BoxComponent. The menu/menu item is not being accepted anywhere.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, if I need to create a simple menubar with a sequence of images and possibly a short title under each of the images, each image being a link to some other URL, what is the best approach?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Menus can be associated with Buttons and MenuItems can be associated with Menus.

The easiest way to build a simple "MenuBar"
    - Drag out a toolbar
    - Place buttons on the toolbar
    - Add Menu Items to the button by opening the flyout and clicking "Add"
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

excellent! that was a very quick response..thank you..

is there a way to make a tabbed panel (for eg.) fill up the parent container in width and height? saw some posts..does it have to do with anchor layout and setting anchor: '100% 100%'? Is there a way to easily add additional config variables to on object from ext designer?

Also, doesn't look like 'collapsed' is supported in Designer yet? Is there a roadmap for Designer? I am looking to convince my higher ups to invest in ext + designer..

Btw, excellent job with your library and designer..

Thanks in advance...

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

There is a special layout which means take up 100% width and 100% height of the parents container. This is called a 'fit' layout.

By setting the layout of the parent container to fit, you're child item such as a tabpanel will stretch to fit 100% width and 100%height.

You are correct, collapsed is currently not in the designer, we will put this in the next build.

If you are having issues creating a particular layout and are able to post your .xds file to share we can assist you in creating the layout you want.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

Try using layout fit. (see attached ss)

There are numerous enhancements we are working on, and will soon release a roadmap to provide some guidance on our direction.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by abe.elias; 30 Mar 2010 at 7:37 PM. Reason: aaron beat me to it

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you very much. I am going to try it out.

Very impressed with the response time..

Thanks again..

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, if a roadmap becomes available, I'll be better equipped when I discuss this with my higher ups. Sorry to rush you, but when can I expect to see a rough roadmap on Designer?

Thread Participants: 2