Ext User
    Vote Rating
    sara_762001 is on a distinguished road

Default Eval Security Issue in Adobe AIR 1.5.3/ExtJS 3.1.1

Eval Security Issue in Adobe AIR 1.5.3/ExtJS 3.1.1

Trying to use Adobe AIR 1.5.3,EXTJS 3.1.1 and Ajax, but im getting the following exception when I try to use the following method to decode JSON string

Ext.util.JSON.decode(result.responseText);//decode using eval() to construct json object.

Error: Adobe AIR runtime security violation for JavaScript code in the application security sandbox (eval)

I have included ext-air.js also but still facing the issue. Got the code from following forum and tried to load the grid panel.

http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91695

The following are the JS files included.
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/references/air/AIRAliases.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/references/air/AIRIntrospector.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/references/extjs/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/references/extjs/ext-all.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/adapter/build/ext-air.js"></script>

Here is the sample code to load grid panel via Ajax Request,

var options = {
    url: 'url'
    method: "POST",
    headers: {
    'Content-Type': 'application/json; charset=utf-8'
    },
    success: function(result, request) {
    var gridSettings = Ext.util.JSON.decode(result.responseText);
    },
    failure: function(result, request) {
    alert('Failure'+result.responseText);
    }
    };

Ext.Ajax.request(options);

Here is sample resonse json string.
    [
    [{id:'id',header:'ID',width:144,sortable:false,hidden:false,hideable:true,dataIndex:'id'},{id:'name',header:'name',width:144,sortable:false,hidden:false,hideable:true,dataIndex:'name'}], [{name:'id',mapping:'col1'},{name:'name',mapping:'col2'}], [{"col1":"1","col2":"saravanan"},{"col1":"2","col2":"ana"}]
    ]

Any one kindly help on avoiding eval issue in using ExtJS 3.1.1 and Adobe AIR 1.5.3.

Vote Rating
    makana has a spectacular aura about makana has a spectacular aura about

How do you want to load a gridpanel from that JSON? Looks little messed. Never got issues with JSON encoding/decoding.... Make sure you receive a correct JSON string.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi,
    I used the following code to create grid dynamically.
    var gridSettings = Ext.util.JSON.decode(result.responseText);
    var totlalSummaryDataCols = gridSettings[0];
    var totlalSummaryDataFields = gridSettings[1];
    var totlalSummaryData= gridSettings[2];
    var totlalSummaryDataStore = new Ext.data.SimpleStore({
    fields:totlalSummaryDataFields
    });
    totlalSummaryDataStore.loadData(totlalSummaryData);
    var totlalSummaryGrid = new Ext.grid.GridPanel({
    store : totlalSummaryDataStore,
    id:'totlalSummaryGrid',
    cm : new Ext.grid.ColumnModel({
    columns : totlalSummaryDataCols
    }),
    stripeRows : true,
    height : 658,
    loadMask : true,
    selectOnFocus : true,
    cls : 'x-toolbar-clear',
    view: new Ext.grid.GridView({
    forceFit: true,
    scrollOffset : 0,
    emptyText: '<table><tr><td height="500">NO DATA</td></table>'
    }),
    tbar : ['<font color=#2a5ea9><b>Person Details</b></font>']
    });

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default Eval Security Issue in Adobe AIR 1.5.3/ExtJS 3.1.1

Eval Security Issue in Adobe AIR 1.5.3/ExtJS 3.1.1

Hi Makana,

I found that issue. If i remove renderer:HyperLinkLeftGridOrg from my JSON, it's work fine. But if put renderer:HyperLinkLeftGridOrg it's throws eval security error. Is there any way to use renderer in JSON?. How can i add renderer in my JSON without eval security error?

Can you anybody help me on this?

Kind Regards
    S.Saravanan

Vote Rating

First of all, don't post the same question/topic in several threads. (The other remains without any answer for my part by now).

To your problem. Building a grid out of json is little strange I think. But, if you really want to do it, make sure, you have correct JSON!
    Code:
    {renderer:HyperLinkLeftGridOrg}
    isn't correct.

String values have to be quoted. Use
    Code:
    {renderer:"HyperLinkLeftGridOrg"}
    instead. Then access the renderer function by its scope, window in default case.
    Code:
    renderer: window[myDecodedJsonObject.renderer]
    or something like this, because it is a string and you cannot use eval.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi Makana,

In the JSON string I have changed renderer as below.
    {renderer:"HyperLinkLeftGridOrg"}

The JSON decoded well and able to get the JSON. But getting the following error.
    HTML ERROR: Unmatched </head> encountered. Ignoring tag.

HTML ERROR: Extra <body> encountered. Migrating attributes back to the original <body> element and ignoring the tag.

Kind Regards
    S.Saravanan

Vote Rating

Don't know what your JSON contains.... but seems like you try to add some redundant html markup....

Ext User
    Vote Rating

This is the HTML code we using. If I remove the renderer in json string its working fine, so i assume there is no issue in HTML structure.Please help on this
    Code:

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Sample</title> <linkrel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/resources/css/ext-all.css" /> <linkrel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../extjs/air/css/ext-air.css" /> <scripttype="text/javascript" src="../air/AIRAliases.js"></script> <scripttype="text/javascript" src="../air/AIRIntrospector.js"></script>
    <!-- Debug Versions <script type="text/javascript" src="../extjs/adapter/ext/ext-base-debug.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="../extjs/ext-all-debug.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="../extjs/ext-air-debug.js"></script> -->
    <scripttype="text/javascript" src="../extjs/adapter/ext/ext-base-debug.js"></script> <scripttype="text/javascript" src="../extjs/ext-all-debug.js"></script> <scripttype="text/javascript" src="../extjs/ext-air-debug.js"></script> <scripttype="text/javascript"> function showHyperLinkLeftGridOrg(){ alert ("showHyperLinkLeftGridOrg"); } Ext.onReady(function(){ var gridSettings = Ext.util.JSON.decode ('[[{id:"name",renderer:"showHyperLinkLeftGridOrg",header:"Name",width:144,sortable:false,hidden:false,hideable:true,dataIndex:"name"},{id:"Count",renderer:"showHyperLinkLeftGridOrg",header:"Count",width:144,sortable:false,hidden:false,hideable:true,dataIndex:"Count"}],[{name:"Name",mapping:"col1"},{name:"Count",mapping:"col2"}],[{"col1":"Org","col2":"90525"},{"col1":"Org2","col2":"86748"}]]');
    var totlalSummaryDataCols = gridSettings[0]; var totlalSummaryDataFields = gridSettings[1]; var totlalSummaryData= gridSettings[2]; var totlalSummaryDataStore=new Ext.data.SimpleStore({fields:totlalSummaryDataFields});
    totlalSummaryDataStore.loadData(totlalSummaryData);
    var totlalSummaryGrid =new Ext.grid.GridPanel({ renderTo : Ext.getBody(), store : totlalSummaryDataStore, columns : totlalSummaryDataCols }); }); </script> </head> <body> </body>
    </html>

Vote Rating

Please use CODE-tags to post code!!!

Don't wrap html tags, other problems not visible.... Don't know how to help you with this....

What about debugging using e.g. Aptana Studio?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi Makana,

Now the HTML tag error resolved & data loaded into grid panel but if we use the renderer method with "" encoded then renderer function not getting called.

Code:
    {renderer:"showHyperLinkLeftGridOrg"}
    How do we use renderer in columns? Please help on this.

Kind Regards
    S.Saravanan

Thread Participants: 1