Vote Rating
    MaximGB is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Feature request: Ext.Element.mask() to return mask message element.

Feature request: Ext.Element.mask() to return mask message element.

Hello.

It would be nice if Ext.Element.mask() method returned mask message element somewhow Now it returns mask element but the mask message element is not it's child, so there is no public way to get mask message element right now. I use Ext.Element.data() method to get an instance of mask message, but that's undocumented / private method and thus isn't reliable.

The one use case where it might be convinient (actually use case why I've created this thread) is when the mask message element hosts other elements which events should be handled. For example, in the application, in which development I'm envolved in now, loading masks has "abort" link clicking on which must abort loading.
    Use the force - read the source.

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up

Just walk the DOM a bit. See this.
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Vote Rating
    MaximGB is on a distinguished road

Yes, that's an option, but I consider it to be the hack of the same danger level as one I described in the fist message. To have this supported by API is more preferable.
    Use the force - read the source.

Thread Participants: 1