Ext User
    Vote Rating
    simonob007 is on a distinguished road

Question Tree Panel Icon Overlays

Tree Panel Icon Overlays

Hi All

I am trying to figure out how to add overlay icons to existing icons in a tree panel.

I currently have a tree panel and have set an icon provider that will change the icon of each tree node based on the model data that supports each tree node.

I would like to be able to overlay another icon (a transparent gif with an exclamation mark) if the tree node model data has a property that identifies the node as important.

I know that I could duplicate all of my icons and provide an important version of all of them however this seems like a 'hack' especially as I have hundreds of different icons that can be displayed in my tree and it would seem far more sensible to have a single transparent 'important' icon and just overlay this on top.

Has anyone done anything like this before or could anyone offer and suggestions where I should start trying to do this?

Many Thanks

Simon

Vote Rating
    f.sauter is on a distinguished road

Hi, you can change the icon element like this:

PHP Code:

BaseTreeModel model 
    myTree.getSelectionModel().getSelectedItem()
    //findNode is protected so write ur own class with a method which calls findNode, in my case findNodeForModel
    Element iconElement myTree.getTree().getView().getIconElement(myTree.findNodeForModel(selectedItem));
    iconElement.getStyle().clearProperty("background");
    iconElement.getStyle().setBackgroundImage("url(myimagepath)");
    //iconElement.getParentNode().... 
    So here is the point where u can add your own nodes or change styles. Hope this helps.

Ext Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DanWhite is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Did anyone figure out a way to do this? Contextual icons are something I would quite like to have, but if possible I would like to avoid generating the full set of each icon combined with each individual overlay.

Dan

Thread Participants: 2