Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

Default Spam filter

Spam filter

I gave up, 3 times tried to add a post in Help forum, every time i get the moderate post message.
    This way i can't help anyone.
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Even if it moderated, the post is there and will be seen when approved. There are enough moderators where post are approved rather quickly. Due to the way Akismet filters, anyone can be moderated (even I have been). The alternative is much worse, you wouldn't believe how much it catches...

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ExtKD View Post
    If a posting (which went to spam but was no spam) gets approved, there should be a notification to the poster, so he/she knows that the posting is now online.
    To my knowledge, VBulletin doesn't support that.

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Avins View Post
    Even if it moderated, the post is there and will be seen when approved. There are enough moderators where post are approved rather quickly. Due to the way Akismet filters, anyone can be moderated (even I have been). The alternative is much worse, you wouldn't believe how much it catches...
    I don't see why. When i am in help forum, i can post without a problem, next post will be moderated. When i try to help someone with a problem this lead to that i leave the forum frustrated and no help is visible. It looks to me like randomly moderated posts.
    vg Steffen

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

You don't see why?? Would you rather moderation be turned off and the forums flooded with spam? Just because you don't see your post immediately, doesn't mean it's not here. As I and others have said in multiple threads, the mods approve threads pretty quickly. Your need for the instant gratification you might get from seeing your reply immediately as opposed to some short time later is far outweighed by the pleasure the mods get by not having to spend countless hours weeding out the spam posts (which most of you never get to see, even before we had this level of moderation.)

Yes the moderation is somewhat random - that's partly by design to frustrate all the spambots. If a fixed list of trigger words was published, the spambots would quickly circumvent them and we'd be back to square one.

As far as notifying you when a post has been approved, it's really not worth it, considering that the moderation delay is usually less than hour, if that. If you're really concerned and you're not on the forum multiple times a day, you'd be better served by subscribing to the thread so you get notified when somebody actually responds.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Mike Robinson is on a distinguished road

Trust me: you do not want to try to use (or to manage) a forum without this kind of spam-protection. Even on my own obscure forum (before I shut it down completely due to spam), I was getting more than a hundred spam-bot posts an hour.

Their technology is pretty good, and getting better. It is a necessary evil, nonetheless. We need this forum to be operational and to have a good signal-to-noise ratio. This is the only way to do that.

Vote Rating

But maybe the rules of the spamfilter are too restrictive. Or i should know not to use
    alert(something) in my post because that is marked as spam. really difficult in helping threads, i will use no alerts any more.
    vg Steffen

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by steffenk View Post
    But maybe the rules of the spamfilter are too restrictive. Or i should know not to use
    alert(something) in my post because that is marked as spam. really difficult in helping threads, i will use no alerts any more.
    FWIW, console.log() doesn't appear to be flagged as spam.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Mike Robinson is on a distinguished road

Believe me, moderators usually would prefer to be able to make the rules "less restrictive," because that obviously translates to "less work for them." But experience shows that they have to be set very high, especially for users with a relatively small number of posts. My previous comment about "hundreds of spam posts an hour" was no exaggeration.

(And yes, if Dante had the opportunity to publish "Release 2.0" of Inferno, I would urge him to add another category to the second ring of his hot place ...)

Sencha - Community Support Team mschwartz's Avatar
    San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California
    Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

I think they use Akismet, which is a service that looks at posts and determines if they are likely spam. I don't think they have any particular threshold they set (high or low or whatever). Akismet has their own way of analyzing post content and they throw up the red flag and vb4 stuffs it in the moderation queue.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar