Vote Rating
    f.sauter is on a distinguished road

Question Portal Rows

Portal Rows

Hey all,

I am looking for a way to set the max number of rows (column items) in a Portal. I can't access the array list columns in Portal...

Anybody know a possibility?

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

I would extend Portal and override onDragMove. If the target column already has to many items, do nothing.

Should be quite simple to do. Only check if the targetcolumn is the startcolumn, than you always need to allow it.

Vote Rating

Hi Sven, thanks for the quick reply.

That's right, but not applicable!? "startColumns" is private and has no getter, getColumn(int x) is also private.
    The DragEvent, offers me only the coordinates. So how would you access the columns in a class that extends the portal?

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

use JSNI to access it.
    You can also listen to the ValidateDrop event of Portal and cancel it, if the target is not allowed

Vote Rating

Ok, that's a possibility. Perhaps you can set the visibility of the relevant members in the near future to protected, just to keep it simple.

Thread Participants: 1