Vote Rating
    mihaip007 is on a distinguished road

Default this.layout.setActiveItem is not a function error

this.layout.setActiveItem is not a function error

Hi...!
    I know this looks dumb, but I am a bit lost! I have designed an interface with ExtDesigner. When I preview it there is no error. When I export it and double-click the index file, it does not show me anything and an error is generated in FireBug such as: this.layout.setActiveItem is not a function.

It points to ext-all-debug.js at line 18812 which seems to point to adding an item for a card layout.
    I am not using a card layout anywhere in my design.

Can someone point me to the right fix? I have attached the project file.

Thank you in advance...
    Attached Files

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

mihai -

Neat layout. It looks like you previously had a layout that required activeItem in one of your containers. This is still set and hasn't been cleaned up.

activeItem is a valid configuration for accordion and card layout. Take a look at the .xds file, it has been set on a layout that has 'border' set.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Allright - you the man! hehehe! It worked, thank you very much...! Thanks for the comment on the layout by the way!

I MUST say, ever since I saw ExtJS up and running I saw the future of software dev. And I am aiming to do something similar to Accpac (Accounting solution) using your framework...! I have programming experience when it comes to PHP, Databases, and front-end! I am just so busy with my own life that I am aiming to create a demo and find an investment to allow me to hire the correct personnel under my direction to pursue this project. ExtDesigner REALLY allows me to do this with comfort... So wish me luck for the next few months

By the way, any way I can get the store working on the grids in exported view? I am still a bit stuck there... The stores show in design mode, (I know that the preview does not yet work with stores), but I understood that when exporting the project, one could be able to see the stores data...

I re-attached the file for your consideration...

Thank you so much for a stunning framework, but also for an amazing community support...

Mihai
    Attached Files

Vote Rating

hmmm Okay I found the problem. Just for others: When you export, you must run the exported project through a web server (I use XAMPP)...! Otherwise it will not work if you just double-click the file from the filesystem.

Why is that?

Thread Participants: 1