Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I'm guessing they want Ext JS to provide hosting?

Sencha - Training Team mrsunshine's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mrsunshine will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    I'm guessing they want Ext JS to provide hosting?
    No :-)

i want to know, if i should put the applications on my server and post the link and maybe access informations
    or if i post a zip with the files

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

i suppose if you wan to share the code, you can include the zips. :P

Vote Rating

... though, I would choose github if possible. But that might breach the agreement.

Sencha - Training Team mrsunshine's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mrsunshine will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    ... though, I would choose github if possible. But that might breach the agreement.
    indeed, course of the agreements i asked for the allowed / not allowed list :-) #2

Vote Rating
    aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about

I was planning on doing just short code snippets with a full demo from my private server with login. Then if someone wanted to see the whole thing just give a url to the main zip on the website. Otherwise not release all my tricks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mmullany is on a distinguished road

aw1 - please don't put any Ext Touch materials or applications in a publicly crawlable location. If you want to share your app, then post it behind a password and post your password to the sharing forum.

Vote Rating
    aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about

I will don't worry my current Ext JS login uses a 2048 bit client encryption before sending anything to the backend.
    We are working with some government projects. =)
    So I will make sure nothing is showing.

I know I won't be able to get that from the mobile but will have ssl and most likely .htaccess
    Not unless you know of a better way to do mobile logins with security. Does md5 work ok on mobile devices or is it open?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    planewryter is on a distinguished road

Just downloaded Sencha Touch.

When it comes to installation instructions, the Getting Started Guide is too sparse for me to act.

For "Set up your Environment," the Guide says:
    1. Download the Sencha Touch Libraries.
    2. Make sure your development environment is set up.
    3. Make sure your development and production Web servers are properly installed and configured.
    I've search the Forums, Tutorials, etc. for more details.

What has to be done to "make sure [my] development environment is set up"? Same for "development and production Web servers"? And...after downloading sencha-touch-1.0.1.zip...then what? Is there an installer? Where does it go? Can I use Sencha Touch with Netbeans?

This newbie welcomes your specific installation suggestions with thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    scriv123 is on a distinguished road

Default Touch 2 and Complete Install Issues

Touch 2 and Complete Install Issues

Hi - Have just signed up for the trial on Touch 2 - have downloaded but have the following issues :
    I have a W7 laptop - it has IIS. You say IIS can be used for my 'web server' but give no instructions on doing that, instead, the documentation suggests I use I use XAMPP or something - why not document IIS - and who is likely to be using an XP machine now?

I then seem to need to move, rename and mess around with everything. I've never seen a better way to ruin a first time users experience than your install. My 30 days will elapse well before I can even install it.

Why would you assume I know everything about a 'web server' and how to install it? I've never used IIS or experienced managing a web server. Your adverts should say if this platform is only for web experts.

I downloaded the Adobe Flash mobile development system - installed and up and running in 10 mins!
    If you cant even get your install documents and process right - instills little faith in the rest of the product.
    I reserve judgement.