Vote Rating
    tjstuart is on a distinguished road

Default Question about the "How To Post an Extension" wiki page

Question about the "How To Post an Extension" wiki page

I have read the "How To Post an Extension" wiki page and there is a line that says:

"Once you have added your extension project page, place a link on the Ext Extensions page."

however there is no explanation as to how one actually creates/adds a project page. Perhaps I am blind but I've looked and looked and I cannot see how to create a project page.

I'm ok with "place a link on the Ext Extensions page" as I can see that you simply edit the wiki itself.

If anyone could shed some light I would be most grateful.

The extension I will be adding is a Calculator which would typically be used with a Ext.form.NumberField (much like the DateField calendar popup).

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

You can add link to non-yet-existing page to the extensions list page such as http://extjs.com/learn/Extension:Calculator and save the list.

The link will be red and when you click it the wiki editor appears.

Hope this helps.

PS: Have you thought about putting your calculator into InfoPanel to create "a desktop tool"?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Vote Rating

Thank Saki.

And as for putting the calculator into your InfoPanel ... i'll look into that sort of thing once it's complete however I believe I've designed it in such a way that it will simply drop into any Ext container/layer.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by tjstuart View Post
    Thank Saki.

And as for putting the calculator into your InfoPanel ... i'll look into that sort of thing once it's complete however I believe I've designed it in such a way that it will simply drop into any Ext container/layer.
    Sure, but there can be some slight tweaks to be done or css adjustments (infamous IE zoom:1), etc. I believe that ready made Ext.ux.InfoPanel.Calculator would come handy for many users.

Then I proudly put it on my demo page

PS: I found also interesting RPN JavaScript calculator: http://www.h-bauer.de/index.html?rpncalc,eng
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jsakalos View Post
    Sure, but there can be some slight tweaks to be done or css adjustments (infamous IE zoom:1), etc. I believe that ready made Ext.ux.InfoPanel.Calculator would come handy for many users.
    I figured there probably would be some issues that I've not yet found. Once I've put it on the user extensions wiki I'll ask for peoples comments, changes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jsakalos View Post
    PS: I found also interesting RPN JavaScript calculator: http://www.h-bauer.de/index.html?rpncalc,eng
    Had a look at that. The calculator I'm writing will initially be fairly simple as this is the requirement for the application I'm working on. Eventually I would like to add the scientific functions together with memory set/recall etc. I envisage these being configuration options in later versions.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Cheers

Toby

Thread Participants: 1