Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    malem is on a distinguished road

Default Ext Designer trial VS Ext Designer final

Ext Designer trial VS Ext Designer final

Good afternoon,

I have tried Ext JS the entire trial period and I think this product is pretty powerful but incomplete for the moment. I just want to know if there's many differences between the trial and the final versions?

Thanks.
    Best regards.
    Cyril.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ludalito is on a distinguished road

+1
    Only reading the guides gave me an idea of the differences between trial and full versions. I didn't find any exhaustive summary of them. Is there any ?

Thx
    Lu

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hi Cyril and Lu,

There are no differences between the trial and the full version. The trial is full-featured and time-based only.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Thank you for your reply.

For example, there is some description in the Designer-Components.pdf about Ext.Grid.GroupingView and GroupingStore. I was searching for them in Ext.Designer, but i could not find them.
    Did i miss something ?

Lu

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hey Lu,

You didn't miss something, that is an erroneous reference in that Designer Components documentation. The GroupingView/GroupingStore are not supported at this time, because the GroupingStore requires the ability to setup a custom DataReader (and optionally DataWriter), since it could be reading data in JSON, XML, or Javascript in-memory Array formats. Unlike the JsonStore, XmlStore, etc., GroupingStore doesn't come with a "pre-canned" DataReader (e.g., JsonReader), so it would need the ability to configure a particular DataReader of choice. Because this capability is not present, GroupingStore was omitted. And in turn, with GroupingStore being omitted, GroupingView is useless and was also omitted. These two components will be present in a future version of the Designer for sure.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Ok.
    Until that future add in Designer, it's quite easy to add a GroupingView and a GroupingStore as custom members of the panel.js that ExtDesigner generated.

Thank you

Thread Participants: 2