PDA

View Full Version : Global state manager with FeedViewer example

myrmidia
25 May 2010, 2:01 AM
I'm new with this framework and I try to understand the FeedViewer example ;-))

In the file FeedViewer.js, there's this line and I don't understand how it's working :

Ext.state.Manager.setProvider(new Ext.state.SessionProvider({state: Ext.appState}));After investigating others samples, I found this README.txt file on the state directory

This session scope state provider is in use in window/layout.html.
Usage:
get-state.php is included as JS file in the header of any page that needs state information. For a single
page application, that would be the main page of the application. It is NOT loaded via XHR/Ajax.
save-state.php is included in every page of the application, including pages loaded via ajax.
Inilialization of the SessionProvider looks like:
Ext.state.Manager.setProvider(new Ext.state.SessionProvider({state: Ext.appState}));
The way the session provider works is when a state change occurs, a cookie is set on the client
with the new state data. The next time any page is requested on the server, save-state.php
will see that cookie, save it in the application state and CLEAR THE COOKIE. This way your application
doesn't have cookies creating unneccessary network latency.How it works ??? In fact, I try to close some tabs within the FeedViewer application, select a specific node from the tree and so on... but there's no check of component state in this example.

So, could you give me some more informations to understand this functionnality and the best way to implement (store/check) the state of components in graphical application ???