PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN-157] OS X Open Dialog shows twice

froamer
25 May 2010, 6:43 AM
Hi,

Great to see an update to Ext Designer! I have a problem that may be a bug, I am building a complex tabbed form. When I attach either one of my two Stores to a combo it stops the exported page from running.

Please see attached xds, if you select the Contacts tab then Position or Title combo and set the store to "Positions" or "Titles" respectively then export, browsing the exported page fails. Remove the Store from the combo and the export works.

Interestingly the Contacts store used on the Contacts grid does not cause this problem which was created with the previous version of Ext Designer (although this may be a red herring)

I hope you can help.

jarrednicholls
25 May 2010, 7:19 AM
Hi froamer,

I'm sorry you're having an issue. I'm not seeing any issues myself, so I need you to explain a little further what you mean by a "failed export". When you browse the "failed export", what happens? Does your interface render? Do you get any javascript errors? Or are you referring to an issue with actually exporting the project "at all"?

I set the Positions store to the Position combo (Titles was already set to the Title combo) and did an export. The export opened fine and rendered fine with no errors...however, I obviously am not pulling any data. So, that's why I need you to be as detailed as possible in explaining what exactly is failing for you.

The only change in 1.0.1.0b that is close to being relevant is upon Export, we do a check for all components that "expect" a store but do not have one configured (or have one configured that doesn't actually exist in the StoreMgr)...we prompt to notify about the missing store and whether you want to continue to export anyways. Clicking yes will continue exporting the project regardless, clicking no will cancel the export.

froamer
25 May 2010, 8:12 AM
Hi jarrednicholls,

Well now I feel like a fraud! I've been working on it since my post and the problem has gone away. I was getting a JavaScript error in FireBug, something like "this.store is undefined" - not much to go on I know. Still I'm back up and running so I'm happy.

I did move the project file into the same folder as the export location (before when I had the error it was somewhere else completely). I am also browsing the export through a local web server and not from file:// - in case it helps find a bug.

While on the topic of bugs (no biggy), on Mac Snow Leopard if I open a project from the menu bar I get the open dialog as expected, I pick a project and it opens, then I get the open dialog again (as if I selected the menu option twice).

Ext-directory YouTube video of this is here if it helps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4TqmFfDMFc

jarrednicholls
25 May 2010, 8:34 AM
Well that's weird :-) But I'm glad you're up and running again!

Yes, the OS X issue is known and I'll make sure it is resolved soon. I'll move this thread to bugs and officially open a ticket for it so you can track it. Thanks.

froamer
25 May 2010, 8:37 AM
Thanks jarrednicholls,

Like I say, no biggy ;-)

froamer
26 May 2010, 10:54 PM
FYI: this happens when using "File>Save As" as well.

jarrednicholls
27 May 2010, 4:52 AM
Thanks froamer. It's an event in OS X for the open file dialog (which is the same dialog for saving actually). OS X is, shall we say, "unique" in a lot of ways...if I had to put a better word to describe it, it would be "stupid".

I'll swap the ticket from OPEN to FIXED when it's ready for the next release. Thanks!