PDA

View Full Version : ContentPanel, setUrl, and 404 error

garyfranks
25 May 2010, 6:54 AM
Currently, my application displays a ContentPanel whose contents are set by calling "setUrl", and the URL refers to another server. If that server is down or is unreachable because of network problems, then the GUI displays Internet Explorer's default error page which contains the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Instead of IE's default error page, I would like my GUI to display some application-specific information. Does anyone know how to detect one of the following?
* the URL request associated with a ContentPanel returned an error
* the current contents of the ContentPanel indicate that it is displaying IE's default error page

Thanks in advance!

micgala
26 May 2010, 2:01 AM
Hi.
I'm not aware of any way of doing this...

Do you have access to this another server?
If so, you can change its default 404 page (it is not IE's default, but the server's default).

garyfranks
27 May 2010, 11:15 AM
: Do you have access to this another server?
: If so, you can change its default 404 page (it is not IE's default, but the server's default).

I used the term "404 error" too casually. Actually, the scenarios I am concerned about are 1) the server is down or 2) the server is unreachable because of network problems. Those scenarios are not a 404 error. No changes on the server-side will help with these scenarios.