PDA

View Full Version : Non Developer - Help w/Ext.nd - Outline

jaewing
26 Jul 2007, 9:59 AM
Hello all,

Im not a developer but an admin, but occasionally I get asked to put a notes db together in house for some use or other. I love Ext.nd (=D>You guys are amazing!!), now if only I could figure out what to do with it. Since Im not a programmer much of the help documentation isnt understandable to me, I just usually fake my way through it.
I have used the yui examples previously provided at openntf and was able to muddle my way through incorporating it into a database.

What Im attempting to do is using the Ext.nd on a simple web based "training web site" for in house. Im having trouble figuring out how to create an outline that will display section headers and display the links to each help article below it in the left side frame so that it will display in the frame correctly on the right.

Since I dont know the code on how to do this I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. The sample template has folders in the outline, and Im unsure how to proceed, Ive been playing with it and trying things and getting nowhere....I have seen this displayed like Im trying to do in the Documentation Center http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/ under the API section.

Thanks for any help,
Jen

jaewing
27 Jul 2007, 6:28 AM
I reread GavinL's posts regarding categorized views and took at look at his Ext Lib Template.
Reviewed the html code he was using to build his trees.
Im too inexperienced to attempt this, so I will try another approach.

jratcliff
27 Jul 2007, 6:29 AM
I reread GavinL's posts regarding categorized views and took at look at his Ext Lib Template.
Reviewed the html code he was using to build his trees.
Im too inexperienced to attempt this, so I will try another approach.

I'm swamped with stuff this morning but I'll look at this later this afternoon and will get back to you.

~JR