PDA

View Full Version : Can't select Editor Grid Panel with Boolean Column in Design view

froamer
26 May 2010, 2:16 AM
Hi, I have a Editor Grid Panel whose first column is a Boolean Column. The Design view usefully displays the first line in the grid as if it was being edited. However the checkbox this generates appears to be above the grid and covering its area making the grid unselectable in the design view...

I can provide the xds file if needed.

jarrednicholls
26 May 2010, 2:26 AM
Yes if you can provide the xds that will be great. I understand the issue, but having something solid to test a fix for it will be very helpful. Let me guess, member.xds? :-) Hehe.

froamer
26 May 2010, 2:46 AM
Yep, member.xds ;-)

Anyway I closed and reopened Ext Designer to prove the problem from the start before posting the project and Ext Designer did an auto update to xds-1.0.1.0c.

Now it seems the edit grids don't show the first row in the edited state and the problem has gone away. Same this feature has been removed - perhaps it was too much trouble.

froamer
1 Jun 2010, 6:26 AM
Seems like this is more complex than I first thought. Whether the grid shows the first row as editable seems erratic. When it does I get the problem.

I wonder if it is related to another bug I have found, I have a form with tabs. When I open the project I can select fields that are on another tab even though they are not visible on the tab I have selected. In this illustration The fax field is actually on the Company tab..20721

I have attached my current project file as requested.

jarrednicholls
1 Jun 2010, 6:43 AM
Ok we'll be sure to look into this. Thanks! If you do have trouble selecting something on the canvas (i.e. you can't get to it) you can use the Components tree on the right-side as well (as you probably already know).