PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't startup Ext Designer

weilies
1 Jun 2010, 10:12 PM
i have installed Ext Designer.
But during the startup, it always shows
"New ver is available" --> i chosen "not now"
Then another sw expire reminder --> i chosen "Continue Trial

But i can never startup the designer, i can see on the left, i still have 12 days trial

Wth's possible goes wrong?

jarrednicholls
2 Jun 2010, 3:23 AM
Click "Install" to download the latest version. See your private messages. Thanks.

weilies
2 Jun 2010, 5:18 AM
i have re-install Ext designer again
but this time i only leave this chose, but stuck on this screen

jarrednicholls
2 Jun 2010, 6:58 AM
Are you connected to the internet and/or behind a proxy server? If you're behind a proxy server, please click "Setup Proxy" and setup your proxy settings and then try again.

weilies
2 Jun 2010, 5:18 PM
Are you connected to the internet and/or behind a proxy server? If you're behind a proxy server, please click "Setup Proxy" and setup your proxy settings and then try again.

I tried in my company (with proxy, YES, i did setup the proxy)
And i am able to come to screen below, after few second the splash screen disappear and nothing come out...

but if i tried in my home (without proxy, and i clear the proxy setup)
i will stuck on following screen

doesnt Ext Designer come with more friendly setup like other sw?

jarrednicholls
3 Jun 2010, 5:18 AM
If it is stuck at that screen, it seems to be a connection issue of some sort. See your private messages, I will instruct you how to "manually" upgrade since you are having issue downloading the upgrade.

jhoni.chen
3 Jun 2010, 6:35 AM
Hi,
I have the same issue, I installed it yesterday. I cannot even open the ext designer, it just shows up the splash screen and when I click continue trial(13 days of trial left), the splash screen gone and nothing happen, but there is a process on taskmanager "Ext Designer.exe". I'm sure I have installed the latest version. I tried to remove and re-install it but it does not help at all:s.

I'm using XP SP3 32bit. I'm not behind any proxies. I've tried to disable my windows firewall but it did not work too. :(

weilies
3 Jun 2010, 7:15 AM
jarrednicholls (http://www.extjs.com/forum/member.php?287-jarrednicholls)'s manually upgrade file is working!

jarrednicholls
3 Jun 2010, 7:19 AM
Are you likewise having trouble downloading the latest update? You should be prompted for an update and click "Install" to download and install it. If you're having trouble with that, please email designer.feedback [at] extjs.com and we'll get you working.

Edit: Here are instructions for doing a manual update for the time being: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?94977-OPEN-21-Registration-and-Proxy-Issues&p=475475#post475475