PDA

View Full Version : Make editorgrid column not enterable

mslimmer
9 Jun 2010, 10:15 AM
I have a editor grid with a date column followed by a column to be populated with the Day-of-week by change event in date cell . I don't want the user to need to tab over the dow column, or be able to enter it at all.

How do I make the dow column not enterable, i.e. tab or arrow from adjacent cell skips this cell (same direction) on to the next column?

thanks,

max

darthwes
9 Jun 2010, 2:40 PM
Make the day of week column un-editable?

mslimmer
9 Jun 2010, 4:14 PM
The column doesn't have an editor. I added editable: false to the column properties and no difference.

I suspect I need to go a bit deeper into the grid to handle key events and for this cell emit an additional tab/arrow movement event to move one more cell fwd/backward.

thanks, good idea but ... :-(

darthwes
9 Jun 2010, 8:28 PM
This is not the default behavior, afaik. When I make an Editor Grid Panel with 4 columns and one without an editor, I can't tab to it at all. I can't arrow to anything...I certainly can't edit an un-edittable column. Maybe you've modified the way the grid works and forgotten about it?

mslimmer
10 Jun 2010, 10:43 AM
You are correct, arrow keys don't move from cell to cell unless you first select a cell with the mouse, the until a field is edited the arrow keys will allow navigation from cell to cell up/down/left/right and also enter the non-editable cells. Otherwise one has to use tab or shift-tab. So if I have a grid that is already populated I will go to the end at a new row and the user will figure it out from there no longer needing to use mouse to enter the grid (I hope I can figure out how to set initial focus).

thanks for the help,

max