PDA

View Full Version : Keeps asking me to update designer

spike2131
15 Jun 2010, 7:29 AM
I'm trying to install on Windows XP SP3. Previously I had a trial version on this machine, which expired. I am trying to install a licensed version.

After ExtJS designer installs, when I run it, I get a splash screen that tells me to update my installation. When I click "Not Now", the application goes away and does not start. When I go through with the update, get the latest version, itstall it, etc, when I run the newly installed version, I still get the message that I need to update my installation. I've updated several times, and I still can't get past the "you must update" splash screen.

jarrednicholls
15 Jun 2010, 9:11 AM
Can you try again? There was an issue with the switch to sencha.com. Thanks.

spike2131
15 Jun 2010, 9:26 AM
thanks

evilkate
23 Jun 2010, 11:43 PM
I'm getting the same error. When I try to register (and yeah, paid for product though no idea if that's been processed yet) it goes automatically to an update page then crashes out. If I try the 'continue with trial' option, it crashes out. I'm on Win 7 and do have a firewall, but I disabled it and same issue. I have the 1.01 version. All help appreciated, as $209 for this .... hmmm :P

jarrednicholls
24 Jun 2010, 5:22 AM
Hi evilkate,

We're looking into the cause of this issue. It is fairly rare in its occurrence, and is definitely only occurring on Windows systems.

Here is a thread explaining how to do a manual update which will get you running. Sorry for the inconvenience!

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?94977-OPEN-21-Registration-and-Proxy-Issues&p=475475#post475475

evilkate
24 Jun 2010, 6:01 AM
Thanks - worked a charm :)