PDA

View Full Version : DirectStore Help Required

valkrys
16 Jun 2010, 6:59 AM
Greetings,

I am a newcomer to the ExtJS party, and I'm having a lot of difficulty in understanding how the DirectStore works. Specifically, I don't really understand what parameters are getting passed from the client to the server for any of the load, create, destroy and update calls, nor do I understand how to properly retrieve and process these parameters on the server side.

A bit of background:

Our server-side is Java, and we're using DirectJEngine to facilitate exposure of direct server methods to the client. I'm trying to implement the DirectStore api on the server, and I just can't seem to get the data I need from the client to the server in a format that I can actually use.

I realize that background isn't a lot of help, but I'm not entirely sure what questions to ask to get the answers that I need. I've tried looking for concrete examples and tutorials on this but I can't find anything that helps.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

evant
16 Jun 2010, 7:08 AM
There's a user guide that describes ~all~ of this for the particular java router: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?73027-Ext-Direct-Java-based-implementation

cerad
16 Jun 2010, 12:38 PM
Are you using firebug? I leaned the format by watching the network traffic. The documentation can be a tad bit confusing at times.