PDA

View Full Version : EXT DESIGNER & Mac OSX 10.6.3

aniphex
21 Jun 2010, 12:52 PM
been using the Ext Designer demo version about 10 days now, is this the same code base as what you sell licenses to?
I have looked through the forums and not found any mention of the following issues. Am I the only one experiencing these phenomenons?

Bugs
1. When you "open a file" or "save as", the interface prompts twice to open or save as. ~annoying.

2. When moving from one tab to another in an exported project, buttons within embedded panel toolbar show up twice sometimes... like a ghost, meaning it displays but you can not click on it. I only started noticing this when you set the panel to be rendered collapsed.

3. Sometimes data sources actually do not save... the little grey popup window within the canvas will not go away no matter what you click on. Project is done at that point and you have to start over loosing work.

jarrednicholls
22 Jun 2010, 3:18 AM
been using the Ext Designer demo version about 10 days now, is this the same code base as what you sell licenses to?
I have looked through the forums and not found any mention of the following issues. Am I the only one experiencing these phenomenons?

Bugs
1. When you "open a file" or "save as", the interface prompts twice to open or save as. ~annoying.

This is a known issue and it actually has already been reported. Thanks.

2. When moving from one tab to another in an exported project, buttons within embedded panel toolbar show up twice sometimes... like a ghost, meaning it displays but you can not click on it. I only started noticing this when you set the panel to be rendered collapsed.

This may be an Ext JS bug. I've never see it before. Can you attach your project file? I'd like to see if I can recreate that. Thanks.

3. Sometimes data sources actually do not save... the little grey popup window within the canvas will not go away no matter what you click on. Project is done at that point and you have to start over loosing work.

What is the little gray popup window? A screenshot would be very helpful. Are you able to give a step-by-step reproduction of the issue? Appreciate it.

aniphex
22 Jun 2010, 7:23 AM
This is a known issue and it actually has already been reported. Thanks.

Any plans to fix it? Very annoying... I ask again, is this the same codebase you sell licensing to??

This may be an Ext JS bug. I've never see it before. Can you attach your project file? I'd like to see if I can recreate that. Thanks.

Very busy and can't post my exact project file, but I will see about posting a revised project file. It seems to be very random and difficult to recreate.

What is the little gray popup window? A screenshot would be very helpful. Are you able to give a step-by-step reproduction of the issue? Appreciate it.

You have got to be kidding... it is the only little gray window within the canvas that lets you select a store. I can not believe with all of your experience, that you don't know what I am referring to...
1. Click on any component within the canvas that allows a store to be added.
2. Click the attributes wheel type icon with the blue background that shows up on the top right hand of the component...
3. Voila, little gray popup window that allows you to select the store. (it sometimes will not go away or save your store. When this happens it seems to corrupt the file somehow. I do realize that typically you could click anywhere in the canvas to make it complete. This does not work in this case however.)

jarrednicholls
23 Jun 2010, 11:01 AM
With respect, you were very vague. There are several gray pop-ups, and that one is not even gray, it's more of a charcoal :-) I'm releasing a new version later this week that will solve the OS X issue. I haven't been able to reproduce the store commit issue, but I've done a large overhaul of the code base and the issue may have been worked out since the start of that development cycle.

Yeah if you can post a revised project file to reproduce the button ghost issue, that would be most helpful.

aniphex
23 Jun 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm releasing a new version later this week that will solve the OS X issue.
Which issue is that? If you are referring to the "file>open" & "file>Save As" prompting twice issue? I found a work around by opening the project file directly.

I never did get an answer as to whether the trial download is the current codebase you sell licensing for? You mentioned a new version, do you have updates often, and where can they be downloaded? I am looking at purchasing a developers license and the designer and just want to understand what I am getting into. Overall I love the designer, it definitely seems to have a few key pieces missing but I am sure it will only get better... Pricing seems kind of high given the number of quirks, but overall a very powerful tool.

I haven't been able to reproduce the store commit issue, but I've done a large overhaul of the code base and the issue may have been worked out since the start of that development cycle.
It seems to be very random.

Yeah if you can post a revised project file to reproduce the button ghost issue, that would be most helpful.
I'd have to say, not a bug... I think the issue happens when several buttons have the same Id name and must have been causing something weird to happen with the way they are displayed. I rebuilt it and seems to work fine. It does act weird and quite random when the ids are the same though.

jarrednicholls
24 Jun 2010, 5:18 AM
In regards to the Button issue...that actually makes sense and would be the behavior if two components have the same id (they are keyed/indexed by id, if an id was provided).

The trial is the same code base as a full license (same features, etc.). We do updates quite often. This current dev. cycle has been one of the longest since the initial launch, but with that as an exception, we like to get updates out very regularly with bug fixes and features alike. We have an automatic update system to get 99% of updates, so you are notified when an update is available and it will download the update and install it automatically. On some occasions, we have an update to the "shell" that requires downloading an installer from the Sencha website.

Hope that helps.

aniphex
24 Jun 2010, 9:04 AM
Whats the deal with charts.swf? I downloaded the recent version of EXTJS and it does not seem to be there. Are just supposed to link it to you version or am I missing something here. Also, in regards to src files... do you get the FLA for extensions like charts with your purchase?

jarrednicholls
28 Jun 2010, 5:44 AM
The charts.swf file is, by default, loaded from yahooapis.com. You can override this and point to a local version by setting the global variable Ext.chart.Chart.CHART_URL, e.g.,:

Ext.chart.Chart.CHART_URL = '/resources/charts.swf';

This is the default:

/**
* Sets the url to load the chart from. This should be set to a local resource.
* @static
* @type String
*/
Ext.chart.Chart.CHART_URL = 'http:/' + '/yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/charts/assets/charts.swf';

If you purchase a support subscription, you get access to the SVN repository. I do believe the FLAs are in the repository along with everything else, and you obviously can pull down the latest revisions at any point in time rather than waiting for public releases.