PDA

View Full Version : How to send form data to server?

hiinsu
23 Jun 2010, 7:52 AM
Hi

I don't really have a good idea of communicating back to the server
how do i submit form data?

sven
23 Jun 2010, 8:16 AM
If you are not doing any file upload simple use RPC

hiinsu
23 Jun 2010, 8:48 AM
I wasn't clear.
I'm using jsonp because I have no idea what the back-end is going to be.
I was just told that there may be a number of proxies that might be subject to sop restriction.

and I noticed formbuttonbinding with submit button with no listener in the example.
what does that button do? is this a configured submit button by default ?
and when the form is submitted, what's the format of the data that gets sent out
or should i collect data, put them in the format i want and make a separate request to the server via http?

hiinsu
23 Jun 2010, 8:53 AM
Another question i have is
when using store. using record instance, it is possible to commit changes or reject changes made and stored in dirty items.
when making committing changes, it seems to change the original value of the store and stop.
no actual data commit to the server.
is this correct?
if so, does this mean i need to call a separate update request to the server to update data?

sven
23 Jun 2010, 8:56 AM
The button as no action, you need to add the action you want to have and also need to define the dataformat you want to use. You can use RequestBuilder to send out the data.

And yes, you always need to update the model on the server too, how should the client do this automatically. You need to implement the action that updates the server if you commit the changes.

hiinsu
23 Jun 2010, 9:02 AM
Thank you ;)

hiinsu
9 Jul 2010, 6:30 AM
Hi sven,

What's the difference between the method you described above (using request builder to send out data) and
using submit method in the form panel??