PDA

View Full Version : Modifiying EditorGridPanel store records during tabbing between editor cells.

Keylan
24 Jun 2010, 1:56 PM
I have an EditorGridPanel that has a few columns - a couple of them having combobox editors. When I select an item in one of these specific columns, I need to do some post processing to update the rest of the record representing that row. I have managed to get all of this working pretty well, but the last thing I can't seem to get working is tabbing out of this combobox. The post processing will correctly update the rest of the row and fire a datachanged event on the store to force the grid to refresh the cells. However, it seems that this specific action breaks the tabbing, breaking the link between the current cell and the one to the right.

At first I thought this was just an issue with tabbing out of a combobox editor cell inside a grid, but it seems that issue has been fixed. Once I pinned the tabbing breaking specifically to the datachanged event being fired, I tried changing this method to instead use the update event as well as a few other options - but it seems that any method of refreshing the grid's view breaks the tabbing.

I understand this may not be a bug in everyone's eyes, but I would like to know the expected way to handle this. Do I need to manually force the next cell to gain focus and start editing in this case? Or am I missing something?

Thank you very much for any help.

Keylan
28 Jun 2010, 8:02 AM
Bump. Could really use an answer here. Has nobody else run into this?

Keylan
1 Jul 2010, 8:00 AM
Last try bump.