PDA

View Full Version : TabPanels inside TabPanels

amccool
28 Jun 2010, 8:35 PM
I have a tab panel inside another tabpanel. I can create tabs dynamically in the nested tabpanel, but the html passed is not visible when the tab is selected. I can see it in the DOM structure, I cant seem to set any style properties to make it visible.

Am I missing something basic?

amccool
28 Jun 2010, 8:46 PM
playing with the styles more I've found that
overflow is set to hidden.
Apparently from the x-panel-body

Animal
28 Jun 2010, 11:36 PM
It will all work fine if you avoid overnesting in no-layout Containers.

(It will look ugly though, and you should probably re-think your UI design)

Condor
29 Jun 2010, 12:17 AM
Configure your panels that contain HTML with preventBodyReset:true.

amccool
29 Jun 2010, 7:26 AM
The light finally went on.

Overnested - solved

Unfortunately I started with using the ExtDesigner to build up the UI prototype, which lead me down the path of inserting panels as placeholders. Then I inserted items into those panels, rather than replacing the panels.

thanks for the kind help.

Animal
29 Jun 2010, 7:33 AM
The light finally went on.

Overnested - solved

Unfortunately I started with using the ExtDesigner...

Dangerous.

MUCH better to learn the principles.

amccool
29 Jun 2010, 7:47 AM
I'm tempted to cross post this back into the Designer forums. Something like a "validate for overnesting" would be very useful for newbies.

interestingly enough, I'm updating the xds project I have to remove the overnesting (if I'm gonna use generated code, I'm fixing the model), and its working just fine. So basically the designer let me hang myself

Animal
29 Jun 2010, 7:53 AM
I did post something a long long long time ago (way before the designer was released) about the designer allowing people to hang themselves. Because they could still produce overnested hierarchies with no layouts. But without the requirement that people be "developers"

I still think that to write a DOM application, you need a high level of skill. And there is no substitute for just learning.