PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-165] Linked components appear at top of tree?

firefoxSafari
7 Jul 2010, 6:38 AM
Thanks for the new release - very sweet new functionality!

I have an odd issue / question with linking. Whenever I link components, the link reference always appears at the top of the component tree (see attachment - a little blurry but hopefully you get the idea). Is this intentional or a bug? I would have expected the linked component to appear as a child of the container element I linked it to.

Steps to reproduce:
Add a fieldset. Place some fields on the fieldset.

Add a top level form panel.

Drag the fieldset to the form panel - select Link.

Why does the link reference appear at the top of the component tree?

jarrednicholls
7 Jul 2010, 6:54 AM
Definitely a bug, I'm going to move this thread to the bugs forum and open a ticket. Thanks for reporting this! I'll have it fixed for the next hot fix release. It looks goofy! :-)

jarrednicholls
7 Jul 2010, 8:52 AM
Fixed for next release.

firefoxSafari
8 Jul 2010, 2:05 PM
Verified that linking is working MUCH better now. Thanks for the quick response - that was an impressive amount of bug fixing for one day!

jarrednicholls
8 Jul 2010, 2:17 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah I was grinding hard there for awhile :-) some of these bugs were last minute goofs or lack of regression testing on my part. Sorry for the inconveniences I caused. Linked Instances definitely are powerful when they are working properly. Don't hesitate to report any other issues you may run into, it's much appreciated.