PDA

View Full Version : Virtual keyboard example?

DaveC426913
12 Jul 2010, 11:58 AM
I wish to make a virtual keyboard. Haven't really seen any samples that would make an appropraite start point. Anyone have some samplers?

I know there's this example in ext.js:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?47025-Ext.ux.VirtualKeyboard-and-its-plugin

Is there a way to convert?

spizzico7
22 Jul 2010, 2:24 AM
I'm looking for the same for Sencha!
Nobody can hel us?

cnelissen
26 Jul 2010, 2:46 PM
Uh why would you need a virtual keyboard for a framework meant to work on mobile devices? They will have a virtual keyboard as part of the platform...

DaveC426913
27 Jul 2010, 5:32 AM
Uh why would you need a virtual keyboard for a framework meant to work on mobile devices? They will have a virtual keyboard as part of the platform...

This assumption stems from a narrow view of what constitutes a mobile device, and what constitutes "developing" for a mobile device. Not all of us are merely developing little apps to sit on top of an established consumer platform.

That being said, your insight does shed some light on why there's no sample for it, since it may not be in high demand by most developers.

I've whipped up my own kb, but it's fairly task-specific. Not necessarily much use out-of-the-box for anyone else.

DaveC426913
4 Aug 2010, 5:23 AM
Virtual keyboard?Is that very convenient ?

Well, it's sure more convenient than having no keyboard at all, isn't it? Makes it awfully difficult to enter text.

Not all mobile devices are phones.