PDA

View Full Version : Is there an easiest way to split a gridPanel?

BenWebMap
13 Jul 2010, 4:40 PM
Hi,
I went show data from a Json on a gridPanel, but I have not a lot of space for height but I have space for the width.

So I create 3 gridpanels side by side. Like I don't want to show the same elements in my 3 grid, I put filter (on the id of my data) on my store. But apparently I can put only 1 filter by store. So I need to create 3 store and each with its own filter.

And after I want put a rowSelectionModelto my grids. But here too I apparently need to create 3 rowSelectionModel, one for each grid even if the function associat to my rowSelectionModelare the same.

So at the end i have created 3 store, 3 filters, 3 rowSelectionModel and 3 gridPanel beacause I don't have enough height to put only one grid.

So I want to know if there is an other solution (I search on Internet but I find nothing) or if it's the only way.

Thank you

Benoit

13 Jul 2010, 4:43 PM
<shrugs> maybe see if you can rearrange things in your UI.

mitchellsimoens
13 Jul 2010, 6:41 PM
I guess you don't want scrolling or how about paging? I think Jay has the best idea though, sounds like your UI is crowded or just needs a rethought.

BenWebMap
14 Jul 2010, 6:11 AM
Yes i don't want scrolling and paging and i can't change the UI.

I'm doing an training course and my job is to make a new version of an application and my boss want to keep the same UI.
So i have a defined place where i must display my gridPanel(s)

14 Jul 2010, 6:14 AM
Yes i don't want scrolling and paging and i can't change the UI.

I'm doing an training course and my job is to make a new version of an application and my boss want to keep the same UI.
So i have a defined place where i must display my gridPanel(s)

Been there before. :(

"Make a new UI, but make it look the exact same as the old".

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/WTF/1/WTF-Orangutan.jpg

14 Jul 2010, 6:15 AM
Btw, take some advice from someone who has experience with the framework.

*** DO NOT *** fight the framework. You'll only get yourself into trouble and incur lots of technical debt.