PDA

View Full Version : ext-all.js and ext-all.css cannot be gzipped by Tomcat

asugama
14 Jul 2010, 12:38 AM
Hi all,

I have encountered the following problem. I have turned ON the compression for tomcat server to gzip all .js files in order to reduce the filesize. Now, all .js files have been gzipped except "ext-all.js" which is the biggest file, ~650kb.

As shown on the attachment, other js files are compressed, except ext-all.js

And this is the setting on my tomcat server.xml
<Connector bufferSize="716800" connectionTimeout="60000" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
port="8180" protocol="HTTP/1.1" maxThreads="30" minSpareThreads="10" maxSpareThreads="10"
redirectPort="9543" address="192.168.1.83"
compression="force" compressionMinSize="10000" noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla,traviata"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/javascript" />

Hope that someone with the same experience in the past can shed some lights.

And if there're other ways to reduce the size of ext-all.js, please let me know. Currently I'm using extjs 3.0 but the custom build is for version 2.0. Is there a custom build for version 3.0 as well?

asugama
15 Jul 2010, 8:21 PM
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has the same experience before?

tryanDLS
16 Jul 2010, 5:15 AM
Given that you've gone several days without a response, I'd suggest that you might be better off asking in a tomcat support forum.

You can do custom builds with Ext3x by modifying the jsb files and using JsBuilder - http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?74274-What-is-the-role-of-JSBuilder2-and-how-to-use-it

asugama
22 Jul 2010, 6:19 PM
Hi Tryan,

thanks for replying me.. I have tried jsbuilder and managed to cut down the size by 50k. And I still think that's too big. I'm quite strange though on some browsers, the js file just loaded once, but in some cases, every page will cause the browser to reload the js file again. Is there a way to force the browser to use cached file instead of having to reload? I mean configuration on the server side.

royalyoda
23 Sep 2010, 12:19 AM
Hi asugama,

Can you please elaborate how you managed to cut down the size of extjs by 50k? I tried the same jsb file but it builds a huge 650 KB file.

I am trying to use lightbox functionality only. Is there a way to use the subset of the extjs to achieve this?

Thanks!