PDA

View Full Version : Doing a reconfigure from a GridPanel's onRender function with the loadMask config opt

maz56
19 Jul 2010, 11:50 PM
Ext version tested:

Ext 3.2 rev 1

Adapter used:

ext

css used:

only default ext-all.css

Browser versions tested against:

FF3 (firebug 1.5.4 installed)

Operating System:

Windows Vista

Description:

If you do a grid.reconfigure from overriding the onRender method and have the loadMask config option set to true, the script dies with an error.
this.loadMask.destroy is not a function .../extjs/ext-all-debug.js Line 43219.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

run this.reconfigure(store,colModel) from an overridden onRender method.

The result that was expected:

As most of the examples show using the onRender method as the place to load the store,
I would expect reconfigure to work also.
You might tell me to just configure the proper store in initComponent, but this is not feasible
in my situation. My grid has a top toolbar, in this top toolbar is a ComboBox where the user
can select the view. Changing the view reconfigures the store and colModel. This combo box saves
the state of it's current selection. Hence I can't get at the ComboBox and it's saved state until
the grid panel has been rendered.

The result that occurs instead:

Script dies with error mentioned above

Debugging already done:

Looked at the source.

Possible fix:

If the loadMask config option is set to true, this is not transformed into an object until
the initEvents method. I believe that loadMask should be transformed in the initComponent method.
If it's not feasible to transform the loadMask config option in the initComponent method,
then the reconfigure method should check to see if the loadMask option is an object before running methods on it.