PDA

View Full Version : List sort titles change in wrong place in 0.9.2

robertj98
29 Jul 2010, 4:18 AM
Hi,

I have a list panel which has sort group titles displayed. The list also has images which get downloaded and displayed after the list is displayed (as normal).

In 0.9.2 when you scroll through the list (on iPhone and Chrome) the sort group titles change too early. Its as if they get triggered to change at the scroll poistions of the list entries BEFORE the images are downloaded (which makes the list entries bigger - and the list longer).

I also have a list with no images and sort groups - and the titles work OK there.

This worked OK in 0.9.1.

Robert

evant
29 Jul 2010, 6:47 PM
Could be a bug, please post some code.

robertj98
29 Jul 2010, 10:20 PM
Hi,

You can see the effect at http://www.collectgbstamps.co.uk/mobile/ which is a live version of the current state of the web app running Sencha 0.92.

- from the first screen
- Select 2010 Issues
- Select 22529 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Scroll up, you can see the sort labels change before they appear on screen

To see them working. Go back to first screen:

- Select Years
- scroll up - here the sort labels work OK - (most of them are near the bottom of the list)

I will try and extract relevant pieces of code (the item list is the one showing behaviour above) but they are mostly simple lists modfied from the twitter example.

Robert

robertj98
4 Aug 2010, 12:22 AM
Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this with their list items, or am I coding it all wrong?
This still happens in 0.93.

Robert

evant
4 Aug 2010, 1:17 AM
TBH, I don't really know what you're saying here. I tried following your instructions but nothing really jumps out as out of the ordinary.

robertj98
4 Aug 2010, 3:35 AM
Hi,

The Select 22529 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games page in the app displays the stamps, first day covers, postmarks etc for that stamp issue. There are 10 stamps, followed by 'First Day Cover Insert, Postmark, Presentation pack etc.

When you start to scroll up the group string displayed in the grey bar at the top of the list should (and did in 0.91) change to refect the type of item currently at the top of the screen, ie from Stamp to First Day Cover Insert to Postmark etc

However when you scroll this page up this group string changes at the wrong place, e.g. it changes from Stamp to First Day Cover Insert at the 4th stamp list item - and not at then end of the stamp list items when the First Day Cover item appears. This happens to all the items as you scroll up.

When running this on the iPad in portrait which displays a longer list, it looks as if the changing of the group string at the top of the list is triggered on the list items height BEFORE the images are downloaded and displayed. The images make each list item bigger, and so the position of the next group string change changes after they are displayed.

On the Years (or Search page) where there are no images - or where the image is small enough not to alter the initial size of the list item as determined by the template then the group string changes in the right place when you scroll up.

I can quite believe that I have coded this wrong or have left something out, but this did work OK in 0.91.

Hope this helps.
Robert