PDA

View Full Version : question

mnask
4 Aug 2010, 11:29 PM
hi, am new here , i would like to know if i can develop my own application on android ? and from where to start

regadrs

evant
4 Aug 2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, you can develop for Android. I'd suggest looking at the getting started guide in the download. Also check out the other examples.

mnask
5 Aug 2010, 12:40 AM
thanks for your valuable reply , i have downloaded the files , nut how to run and work on it ? and where to get started , can u provide me links ?

thanks again

evant
5 Aug 2010, 12:44 AM
You need to run it through a web server.

Once you drop it in, go to getting-started.html

mnask
7 Aug 2010, 2:41 AM
thanks for ur help ..appreciated
but i cant see the example working fine on my pc !!
why so ?

SimpleAnecdote
8 Aug 2010, 5:11 PM
Dear mnask,

It's really quite simple to get everything working in your development environment. As evant suggested
... I'd suggest looking at the getting started guide (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/getting-started.html) in the download.

Now, I'm not sure if you need a working server development environment to only view the sampled but if you're going to develop anything you should probably contemplate installing a LAMP/WAMP on your machine. If you're on linux you should probably know how to do this on your own. If you're on Windows you should also know how to do this on your own but a good place to start is by googling "WAMP Server".

Once you have your Apache server installed just drop the extracted files from the Sencha Touch ZIP into your 'www' folder (Defaults - Linux: 'root\var\www\' | Win: 'c:\wamp\www'). Now you just get your browser (Latest version of Chrome is best for Sencha Touch imo) and type "http://localhost/sencha-touch-beta-0.93".

You should now be able to see the examples grid including the excellent Kitchen Sink.

TIP: If you're having trouble following these steps perhaps you should consider another career path and/or get a developer to work alongside you to implement your ideas into code. It simply gets a lot more complicated from here onwards. Not trying to offend mate, just making a calculated statement based on the way you've described your problems thus far.

mnask
10 Aug 2010, 1:07 AM
thanks for ur supporting guys , the examples working on chrom very well ,not in FF and IE !!!!!

evant
10 Aug 2010, 1:41 AM
They aren't meant to work on FF or IE, Touch only supports WebKit browsers.