PDA

View Full Version : CSS injection

Elijah
5 Aug 2010, 4:04 AM
Where and why or how do i override the feature that is injecting CSS styles into my styles?

Is this an ExtJS thing or a browser thing?

For example, I am using an image in the background that I want to scale and pulling my hair out wonder what the hell is going on because the feature just wont take. So I try it every way I can think of then look at the CSS tab in firefox and see things that I did not put into it.

background-size: 100% 100%;but what shows up in the CSS in the browser is

-moz-background-size:auto auto;This is not what I want.

httpdotcom
5 Aug 2010, 4:50 AM
Two things:
- Firebug: Select object, click on CSS tab and traverse the object CSS and its inherited classes/styles.
- add !important to your CSS to enforce the override (although, since they are two completely different style configs, that won't work on this one).

Elijah
5 Aug 2010, 5:30 AM
Thanks for the tip on !important.

However for the other issue, the style is on the body itself. When viewing it in firebug it shows the added -moz crap.
the body tag is simply defined as <body scroll="no"> and I am setting the background via

document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].className = "myWhateverStyle";
Also the body tag is being injected with an auto generated id so it now looks like

<body id="ext-gen3" class="myWhateverStyle" scroll="no">

Where is the -moz coming from that gets injected into my myWhateverStyle?
And where is the id coming from and looking for any style ext-gen3 yields nothing so that is not messing up the format of background.