PDA

View Full Version : EXT JS: Getting Started

CMUboy
5 Aug 2010, 12:53 PM
Hi All,

I just downloaded the lastest public release of EXT JS version 3.2.1. After unpacking, I noticed that there are many directories in the archive. The EXT JS documentation says that I need to include ext-all.css, ext-base.js, and ext-all.js in my HTML page, but it does not say what files or directories need to be stored on my web server. For example, the resources directory has other CSS files and includes an images directory. Should the entire resources directory be stored on my web server?

Could someone tell me what what files or directories need to be stored on my web server for me to use all the features of EXT JS 3.2.1?

Thanks,
Joseph

Elijah
5 Aug 2010, 5:37 PM
See tutorial section of Sencha @ http://www.sencha.com/learn/Tutorial:HTML_Page_Setup

CMUboy
6 Aug 2010, 11:25 AM
I guess you did not understand my question. If I included just those files mentioned in the Tutorial on my web server, EXT JS will not be configured properly. For example, not all the images and css files are included. The SDK includes a lot of files and directories not necessary for production. I need to know exactly what files are directories are needed for a production environment.

Condor
7 Aug 2010, 4:00 AM
You need ext-base.js, ext-all.js, ext-all.css and all the gifs and pngs from the resources directory.

(but for production I would use JSBuilder2 to construct my own .js and .css file that included only what I need from Ext + my own code)