PDA

View Full Version : about design

wgodman
6 Aug 2007, 4:56 PM
I like ext very much so wanting to know more about its detail,is there any design documents or something I can use? In fact,I had tried to review the code following API document but It seems not effective enough.Any boby could help me about this? thanks

evant
6 Aug 2007, 5:04 PM
You could read the source code of Ext I guess.

Personally I think the API documentation and examples are pretty thorough.

wgodman
6 Aug 2007, 5:18 PM
API documents are not structured.I can`t tell the TREE relatoin between js.For example,If I don`t use ext-all and I want to use basis Element function support,How many js I will reference? What sequence do they sort?What`s relation between them? Actually I don`t know these through
API which normally is used in development environment and help developer find something they need quickly.

evant
6 Aug 2007, 5:43 PM
The build your own feature in the download gives you a good idea of the dependencies.

bmf1972
8 Aug 2007, 8:57 AM
Can you/somebody supply a link to that document, please?

brian.moeskau
8 Aug 2007, 9:21 AM
You mean this? http://extjs.com/download/build

Look under the Download link above.

bmf1972
8 Aug 2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the fast reply, Brian.

Besides that cute wizard, is there any documentation on the dependencies?

wgodman
8 Aug 2007, 9:10 PM
I suggested that EXT documents any design detail so we can review the wonderfull code more clearly,and also when we use it without ext-all.js but part of them in developing environment,we will customize it by ourselves and we can kown more about what are our web application doing.But i have to say that EXT has been very great since this site is builded.It can do better,I believe!

bmf1972
8 Aug 2007, 11:29 PM
Yep. At least a high-level design document would be nice.
A list of module dependencies would be really great.