PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend the best approach for this type of setup?

jordandobson
5 Aug 2010, 10:27 PM
I'm new to Sencha Touch or any of the ExtJS frameworks.

So I've been digging in the API and I've followed the Getting Started Tutorial and I'm looking for a bit of guidance on how to setup my project properly from the start instead of hacking it all together.

I was hoping someone could direct me to a solid approach for the setup I'm going for. Here's a quick sketch of what I'm trying to do:

http://cl.ly/1syY/content

I have been able to get the SplitButton to show and the bottom TabBar to display including a few different views. So that's great.

I'm not sure how to introduce a form with the "Demo style" layout or how to incorporate logic to direct someone to the form when the app first loads.

Is there an example / demo on how to group views, call views, and pull up children that I could reference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Jordan

jordandobson
5 Aug 2010, 10:33 PM
Also.. I'm not looking for anyone to build this for me... but to point me in the right direction for the containers and Layout properties I should be working with here. I can do the research but I could use a little advice. :)

blessan
6 Aug 2010, 1:24 AM
Check the kitchen sink demo from sencha.

From what I see
U have 2 approaches.
1. Use tabPanel with tabbar at bottom.
There is a demo from sencha.

2. Use a panel with card layout. For the main panel use a bottom toolbar and add 3 buttons. When u click on the button, u can use the setCard function to show new panels.

All these items have setActiveItem function or activeItem config option so that u can set the desired panel on start up.

jordandobson
6 Aug 2010, 4:32 PM
Great thanks! I think I'll go with TabPanel with TabBar... I didn't even think to look at the actual source of the demo. I was just looking at the source examples provided in the App itself.

Thanks!