PDA

View Full Version : Highlight of Selected Item when animating using setCard method

ClintPick
9 Aug 2010, 8:43 AM
When you use setCard to navigate the display from one card with a list to the next card with a list - how do you remove the highlight from the list item when you navigate back from the target card? To illustrate :) :

|item 1 tapped turns blue| -> animate next card -> |tap back button| -> animate previous card ->|item 1 still blue |

How do you have the blue color fade when you move back to the previous view/card?

Is it possible when you use setCard method or only possible when you use nested lists?

Would really appreciatte your help on this one.They say this type of context navigation is quite important for user experience, so I'd like to maintain that functionality.

evant
9 Aug 2010, 7:16 PM
1) You can use the deselect method on list. It doesn't support animations, you'd need to build that in yourself.

2) Not really sure what setCard has to do in this instance?

ClintPick
10 Aug 2010, 1:18 AM
Thanks for the response Evan.

To answer your second question. There is no way of adding content from a store to a nested list (presently). Its suggested to make use of panels and separate lists and then to use setcard to navigate between the lists. What I wanted to know was if it would be possible to maintain the context of the navigation provided by nested list whereby when you tap on a list item, the item is highlighted and the child nodes of the list item is animated in. And when you tap the back button, the previous list is animated in, indicating the list item you had tapped in blue and then fading out the blue colour. I just wanted to know if this type of behavior would be possible with the proposed solution to not being able to populate nested list items with the contents of a store.