PDA

View Full Version : white space between toolbars in ie only

mihaip007
10 Aug 2010, 7:41 PM
Hi...!

I am stuck with a minor issue and can't find out why it occurs...
I have a north region where I placed two toolbars: one tbar and the other fbar. In firefox works great! In ie, however, it creates this white space between the toolbars.

I made sure there is no height on the holding parent, or padding or anything like that! What bugs me is that it work okay on firefox but different on ie...! What gives?

As a matter of fact the same applies for the south region! I have only a toolbar 'fbar'...! Same white space above it occurs only in ie... hmmm strange...

Thanks for any help hehehe...!

P.S. When is the new ver coming out hehehehehe

jarrednicholls
11 Aug 2010, 6:01 AM
That sounds rather odd indeed. If you don't mind, I am going to move this post to the Ext Help forum for further review. Thanks.

Condor
11 Aug 2010, 7:16 AM
This is not strange. In some IE versions an empty div (the panel body) has a height equal to the line-height and in other browsers it has zero height.

You shouldn't be using a Panel as the north region, if all you want is two toolbars, but no body. A container with anchor or vbox layout and the two toolbars as items would work much better.

mihaip007
11 Aug 2010, 10:35 PM
Hi...!

Thank you so much! I get what you are saying Condor...! I am trying to do that (with the designer though)...!
I am struggling a bit as it seems to come out with errors on exporting. I am dragging a container item onto the designer, and set it to the north region and the vbox (or the anchor) layout.

Then I drag the toolbars from the panel to the container and attempt to preview it or export it! IT does not want to show! I will see maybe it is an error on my behalf! But thank you guys for the great support and as always very helpful...! :)

Mihai