View Full Version : GXT2.2 beta : 'com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.data.BaseFilterPagingLoadConfig' was not ...

11 Aug 2010, 8:38 AM
I update & upgrade my app into GXT 2.2 so I can use filters in grid. It's work ok in Eclipse, but when I deploy application on my production environment, i get the following exception when RPC method is called :

//EX[2,1,["com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException/3936916533","Type 'com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.data.BaseFilterPagingLoadConfig' was not assignable to 'com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IsSerializable' and did not have a custom field serializer. For security purposes, this type will not be deserialized."],0,5]

But now the weird thing :
- it works in my eclipse
- it works on my development Linux server with Tomcat 6.0.28 and JDK 1.6
- the upper exception i get on my production server. (EC2, Tomcat 6.0.28, JDK 1.6).
- ok, so something is wrong with some libs or configuration on production server. I copy whole Tomcat directory to my development machine (OS X), but it works without the problem. ????

Any idea what could be wrong? Thank you.

20 May 2011, 12:30 PM
Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

I'm having the same problem...

20 May 2011, 1:01 PM
It works now for me but I have no idea what I have done back then.....
Are you using the latest version of GWT (2.3) and GXT?

20 May 2011, 1:06 PM
Yeah, actually I got it working now. I just made some changes to the versions. and got some other weired errors, and when I changed the versions back to what they where it started working.

Thanks for the reply.