PDA

View Full Version : on which IDE ext-js will be run and give me first example with good description....

Vaibhav srivastava
17 Aug 2010, 1:17 AM
m going to use extjs first time, can anyone tell how to use extjs and on which IDE it will be run please give me the first simple example with description.

Vineeta Sriavastava

Condor
17 Aug 2010, 1:59 AM
I don't understand the question...

You can use an IDE to write javascript (which includes Ext JS), but you don't need to. The IDEs I've tested are both Eclipse based (Aptana and Spket), but there are others.

Also, you don't 'run' javascript in the IDE, you need at least a HTTP server, but most of the time you need an application server (PHP, J2EE, .NET).

Vaibhav srivastava
17 Aug 2010, 3:17 AM
thanks for reply !

i have used java script in jsp file for validation before, what is the similarities between java script and extjs and i don`t understand that how to put Extjs code in html file....? pls give me a 1 simple example program with description.

Condor
17 Aug 2010, 4:48 AM
Ext JS is a javascript library, so it runs on the client browser. Most of the time you still need a server application (in a server language like Java, PHP, C# etc.) to provide it with data.

Have you looked at all the examples that are included in the Ext JS SDK? Remember that you have to publish these on a HTTP server (e.g. Apache) first, and some examples require a PHP server!