PDA

View Full Version : Does this problem exist in Ext? css mucking up in a table when edit mode is started

matevans
8 Aug 2007, 12:44 AM
Hi,

I'm using Coldfusion 8, which uses ext to provide an html grid based on queries etc.

I have found that if you have a table that is wider than your visible screen and a drop down editable cell which at first appears off screen, it does not display the drop down in the correct place.

Does this happen in Ext or is this limited to the Coldfusion implementation?

Many thanks
Mat Evans

8 Aug 2007, 4:02 AM
I have not experienced this at all. You need to reproduce the problem with static html to see if your dynamically generated code is causing the problem. Also, ext-all.css should be the last included css file.

If all fails, use firefox's inspect feature to see what's going on in your html

mystix
8 Aug 2007, 4:13 AM
Also, ext-all.css should be the last included css file.

you mean first?

matevans
8 Aug 2007, 4:54 AM
hmm, it's pretty hard to reproduce using static code. All the EXT stuff is completely 'hidden', i'm using a <cfgrid> tag that basically does it all for u.

It look's like it's not getting the right x and y values for when a double click is detected, as the dropdowns that are out of view when the page first loads, always appear in the same place - basically at the limit of the browser window on page load.

Been using FireBug but no luck so far..

cheers for your thoughts anyway..

matevans
8 Aug 2007, 8:28 AM
can anyone give me a pointer to the code that is placing the dropdowns into the grid after the double click event?

cheers

8 Aug 2007, 8:45 AM
you mean first?

last. this way it will overwrite any definitions you may have mucked up.

mystix
8 Aug 2007, 10:35 AM
last. this way it will overwrite any definitions you may have mucked up.

ah i see... i get it now. thanks!

8 Aug 2007, 11:21 AM
^^ is that ichigo from bleach in your avatar?

mystix
8 Aug 2007, 11:27 AM
^^ is that ichigo from bleach in your avatar?

spot on. actually it's his inner hollow, if you've been following the series ;)

cbetancourt
11 Aug 2007, 3:46 PM
Read this post on the ColdFusion API for Ext JS (http://www.rakshith.net/blog/?p=25), then debug the underlying Grid with Firebug.

cluettr
11 Aug 2007, 7:21 PM
I have found that if you have a table

Get rid of any tables that might contain a grid. I'm not sure if this is your situation but if it is it's best to remove it since it's not needed. Replace it with block and inline level elements such as <div>'s and <span>'s. I re-wrote my entire layout because I ran into issues with grids and Ext. That and the fact that tables are "BAD" layout design were the catalyst for the re-write.